What is a manifold presure kit?

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
I received an e-mail from Good Sam, it had some interesting information. Some of which is a lit of things to carry in your RV, thie last thing on the list is a manifold presure kit???

never heard of one unles it is somehting you attach to the water hook up. I did an advanced search and found refeence to the manifold on the TV but I am not sure they would be suggetsing that everyone have knowlege to check their TV manifold.

Rickhansen

Some of which is a lit of things to carry in your RV, the last thing on the list is a manifold pressure kit???

I really have no idea what they (Good Sam) are referring to, but I would guess that it is a pressure guage (scaled in inches of water column) to test Propane pressure downstream of your regulator/changeover valve. It would be used to test for LP leaks (leakdown test), and proper LP supply pressures (both static and under load).

Just my guess....

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Having been in the Heating & Air Cond business for 35 years and working with natural gas and propane a manifold pressure kit ( gauge) is a very useful tool. Like Rickhansen said it is for measuring Gas pressure. As well as checking for a leak by loss of pressure on gauge. It is very important to have the correc gas pressure on all appliances.

khalsey

You can easily make a water column pressure gauge. I made mine 24 inches tall and made hash marks on the board 1 inch apart. I then fastened a 5/16 tygon tubing on the board in a U shape. My tubing is 5 foot long. To use fill the U with water to about 11 or 12 inches then lift the range burner cover and slide the other end of tubing over burner orfice and turn that burner to high. Count the hash marks between high and low point of water in U and that will be the water column pressure. You must have another propane user on at the same time to remove static pressure such as oven or furnace.IMG_3078.jpg

Rickhansen

KHalsey, Nice project and photo. Well done. I've done somewhat less with aquarium tubing and a sharpie when I didn't have a magnahelic. Ingenuity welcome!