Basement TV mount

Bob Vaughn

The basement tv mount is that screwed into a support member or just screwed into the basement wall? I just don't want to hang the tv on it and have it pull out of the wall....I have a small flat screen that I want to put on it and just leave it there........:cool: I told my daughter that that would be her bedroom when she came to visit us when we camp...Hee Hee

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If it is just screwed into the thin OSB wall, you could attach reinforcement to the backside. 3/4" plywood or 1x material to give you greater depth to seat longer mounting screws or bolts. Glue and screw it (from the front) to the backside of the wall.

Bob Vaughn

My tv mount came in late yesterday so last night I put the arm on the tv......this morning I took it out to the basement and slid the arm into the mount that was already there, plugged in the tv, attatched the cable to the wall and hit the program button and promply got a NO SIGNAL MESSAGE on the tv screen......I wonder if along with the vac not working they did not connect the cable connection to the wall plug....the tv's inside work so I know there is a signal to the other tv's.....URG

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
My tv mount came in late yesterday so last night I put the arm on the tv......this morning I took it out to the basement and slid the arm into the mount that was already there, plugged in the tv, attatched the cable to the wall and hit the program button and promply got a NO SIGNAL MESSAGE on the tv screen......I wonder if along with the vac not working they did not connect the cable connection to the wall plug....the tv's inside work so I know there is a signal to the other tv's.....URG

Our unit has a signal selector for the LR tv and and BR TV. The basement TV works the same as the BR TV. The selector switches from antenna, Cable and Aux. Check for one of those. If it is in the wrong position you will get the no signal message. My amplifier is built into the signal selector box.