San Antonio Campgrounds

SilverRhino

We are planning on spending a week in San Antonio in late March. The last time we were there was about 15 years ago and I think we stayed at the park that is now Travelers. If memory serves me, it was a fairly nice park.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good place to stay?? We like to have some space between units and trees are always a plus, as we travel with two Beagles.

Thanks for any information you care to share!

Buford445

There is KOA on Gembler about 6 miles from down town, I stayed at Dixie Kampground on Gembler not as nice but close

jimtoo

Hi Randy,

We go to San Antonio area often, not to camp, but to visit daughter, shop and look. Daughter lives in Boerne, just West of SA. We do stay at Alamo Fiesta RV Resort which is easy on and off of IH 10 at Boerne, Tx. (when the daughter has a house full). From this area you are about 30 minutes from anything in SA. Check out the location. Clean, fairly large spaces, at least not cramped, I think they have a dog run area also.

Jim

TBlack

We spent 2 months at Blazing Star rv park. They have 3 different widths of spaces. Lots of trees. Paved roads and concret pads. Close to walmart and HEB. Even has a Cracker Barrell near by.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
We stayed one night in December at Travelers (Good Sam), it was pretty good. We would stay there again.