Purchasing 3650RL Leather or Cloth

Sur

Hello
We made the plunge and placed an order for a 3650RL... A few of the dealers have told me not to order the leather for the couch & recliners because the leather will not wear well with time. I personally like the leather look and feel. Does anyone have any experience with the leather verses the cloth.

Thanks
Brock
Big Sur, Ca

jimtoo

Hi Brock,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all wiliing to share their knowledge if needed.

I can't help you with leather or cloth decision, but I'm sure some of our other family member will jump in soon and try to help out.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
I have had various leather sofas, chairs and love seats in my home for almost 40 years. The stuffing in the furniture will wear out long before the leather does. Leather is also great if you have pets who "enjoy" your furniture.

The colors of my leather furniture have always been darker than the RV furniture. So maybe that's what the dealers are talking about. However, I have light colored leather in my cars and I just clean/condition it once a year or so. If it's not conditioned the surface may crack after 10 years or so depending on your climate.

If you like the look and feel of leather, by all means, go for it.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
For many years we had leather in our home and vehicles. For whatever reason, I now prefer cloth. For me, the cloth in my truck is more comfortable than leather. No sliding around, no burn your buns etc. We took the cloth chairs in our Big Country and they are fine...a little heavy but no real issues. The cloth /leather choice is a personal preference. Leather is easier to clean. I have noticed the leather in our car has cracked some losing the color...kind of a "distressed" look. Although I don't really like the looks, for functionality...next time we will get a pair of those "Euro Chairs". They seem to be comfortable & light weight.

Best Wishes!

Birchwood

We have leather recliners and cloth sofa in our 09 Landmark Pinehurst.Both the leather and cloth are wearing poorly as the leather is unlike any leather I have ever seen.
Wear spots on the recliners indicate cloth under a thin layer of material(is it leather or vinyl ??).
When the sofa was 8 months old we made a claim to Heartland because the seat of the sofa turned rough and wooley. They refused the claim to normal wear but we want to replace it ASAP
If I was ordering a new Heartland I think I would order a new RV with no sofa or chairs and buy later at a furniture store.

jimtoo

ok. Although I don't really like the looks, for functionality...next time we will get a pair of those "Euro Chairs". They seem to be comfortable & light weight.

Best Wishes!

The "Euro Chairs" are comfortable and lightweight,,,, but before you decide to get them... set in one... use the foot stool... get up and walk around. To us the foot stool was ALWAYS in the way. Seems as thou every time we moved, the foot stool was there..in the middle of the floor taking up room. You cannot just set up and move the TV tray in front of you... the stool is in the way. Guess what!!! we did not like them because the foot stool was always in the way. But the chair was comfortable to set in and recline in ... but they did not work for us.

Jim M