PDA

View Full Version : Electric rear stabilizers

ChopperBill
03-02-2007, 12:03 PM
I have the electric rear stabilizers and I have really not figured out how much to pressure I should have on them. I have set up and come back a day or so later and were able to put them down some more. Should you push the switch until they hit the ground or until they groan and stop?

Ken Washington
03-02-2007, 01:05 PM
ChopperBill,
I put a block of wood (2x6x8) under the pads and lower the stabilizer until I see the trailer start to raise up about one inch. This works good for me!

Ken

Uncle Rog
03-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Howdy Bill, I use 12" square 1-1/8 OSB pads under all the landing gear / jack points. Once I get her level I do the same as Ken, just put enough pressure on the jacks to stiffen up the rig. I also use the roto-chok wheel system for the tires, we get very little movement with this system. I have thought about a tripod support for the pin box but have not gone that far yet......

nhunter
03-02-2007, 04:21 PM
I keep going until they stall out. Then set my king pin tripod.

ChopperBill
03-02-2007, 04:41 PM
I never have set them until they stall but got the thinking that maybe that was how they intended to do it. Says nothing in my owners manual. :rolleyes:

Chulinw
03-02-2007, 04:58 PM
I use the 4X4 block under mine and I do as Ken does when the unit goes up about 1 inch I stop and never had a problem yet. I think you have gotton some good advice on how to use them.