Electric rear stabilizers

ChopperBill

I have the electric rear stabilizers and I have really not figured out how much to pressure I should have on them. I have set up and come back a day or so later and were able to put them down some more. Should you push the switch until they hit the ground or until they groan and stop?

K

Ken Washington

ChopperBill,
I put a block of wood (2x6x8) under the pads and lower the stabilizer until I see the trailer start to raise up about one inch. This works good for me!

Ken

Uncle Rog

Howdy Bill, I use 12" square 1-1/8 OSB pads under all the landing gear / jack points. Once I get her level I do the same as Ken, just put enough pressure on the jacks to stiffen up the rig. I also use the roto-chok wheel system for the tires, we get very little movement with this system. I have thought about a tripod support for the pin box but have not gone that far yet......

ChopperBill

I never have set them until they stall but got the thinking that maybe that was how they intended to do it. Says nothing in my owners manual. :rolleyes:

C

Chulinw

I use the 4X4 block under mine and I do as Ken does when the unit goes up about 1 inch I stop and never had a problem yet. I think you have gotton some good advice on how to use them.