MPG would be even more desirable if...

Just wandering if Heartland is planning to have a Microwave Convection oven option for the MPG in the very VERY near future. :confused:

FYI... the R-Pod has one, and since the MPG seems a bit more upscale I would think it should have a Microwave convection oven, and of course this feature would make the MPG even more desirable which would take it above and beyond the R-Pod.

If I decide to purchase one by the end of this month, I am going to have to see if the dealership can somehow replace the standard Microwave with a Convection Microwave. That is the only feature that is better about the R-Pod.

Problem solved! My dealer is going to replace the microwave oven with a convection microwave, the same one that Forest River uses in their R-Pod, but I do have to pay the difference. It is well worth it, I like to have the ability to bake when I camp.

brains77396

I don't think it's too bad where it is. Wait untill you try to listen to it with the air-con on. Next to impossible to hear. If I had a decent way to run the wires, I would add front speakers.

It looks like the MPG 183 would be more desirable if the t.v. was closer to the dining area.

NMMPG

I don't think it's too bad where it is. Wait untill you try to listen to it with the air-con on. Next to impossible to hear. If I had a decent way to run the wires, I would add front speakers.

It looks like you have the 186. Is the t.v. away from the dining area like the 183?

brains77396

The 186 is the same as the older 183's. All they did was change the number from 186 to 183. The newer 183's have the lift up bottom bunk that one can store a bike or other large object. The 186 bunks do not lift. But yes, the T.V. is mounted in the area that sticks out between the fridge and the bunks. The A/C is right between the t.v. and the booth and makes a huge amount of noise. The upside is, after running the A/C for 30 minutes, you can hang meat in the camper. We also kept it warm in 26 degree weather with a 1,000 watt heater, with five minutes to heat it up with the gas heater. These puppies are well insulated.:D Another nice to have option would be a thermostat for the A/C also. Sort of hard to adjust the temp with no number for a guide. However, I guess experience would solve that problem. The new models may have a thermostat, I do not know.

It looks like you have the 186. Is the t.v. away from the dining area like the 183?

NMMPG

The 186 is the same as the older 183's. All they did was change the number from 186 to 183. The newer 183's have the lift up bottom bunk that one can store a bike or other large object. The 186 bunks do not lift. But yes, the T.V. is mounted in the area that sticks out between the fridge and the bunks. The A/C is right between the t.v. and the booth and makes a huge amount of noise. The upside is, after running the A/C for 30 minutes, you can hang meat in the camper. We also kept it warm in 26 degree weather with a 1,000 watt heater, with five minutes to heat it up with the gas heater. These puppies are well insulated.:D Another nice to have option would be a thermostat for the A/C also. Sort of hard to adjust the temp with no number for a guide. However, I guess experience would solve that problem. The new models may have a thermostat, I do not know.

Gotcha, thanks for the response. It looks like we have similar trucks as well; same engines and chassis. I might have questions about towing as well. Thanks again.