2011 3250TS Furnace on with Slides in??

We live up in the very cold part of PA. We are preparing for a trip down to MD in a few days. Is it ok (safe) to run the furnace with the slides closed (in)? All the floor registers are exposed with the slides in and it doesn't appear to be problem to me...but what do I know. It would be convenient if the answer is yes because it would save a lot of "heat-up" time for us.
Thanks in advance.
Mike (Pappy)

B

bwwalczak

Running the furnace with the slides in is not advised due to proper airflow. The cold air return is located above the cabinet in the kitchen - make sure it is free from obstruction. Same with the heat vents.

Some folks do it - this is personal preference.

archbarb

If its really cold when we get set up, we'll switch the furnace on long enough to knock the chill off, which doesn't take long, then use a ceramic heater. Saves on propane. Now with that being said, we don't experience the severe cold ya'll do. We are in SE Georgia, at the Florida line!!!!!

Archie

Bob Vaughn

I cannot see that it would be a problem as all the heat registers are on the center line of the camper and our air return is over the kitchen cabinets...It is less air space to heat. So the heater should cycle less.