Warranty Repairs

Uncle Rog

Howdy folks, attached is my latest and greatest fixit list. Take a look and see if any of these are mutual issues shared by anybody else. On Tuesday 3/6 I am going over to check out the underside of the BH just to see what it looks like......

Attachments

• Warranty Bighorn 3600RL #2825 .htm
    9.7 KB · Views: 156

bsnider

BS & Ruth Ann
Couple more items to look at

Your items look like the usual manufacter mistakes etc that we all get. I have two items that I consider design flaws that may not be a problem now, but if yours is designed like mine, they will be a problem. :eek:

1. Look under your bedroom slide (I have the 3400 RL) and if it is designed like mine, there is a long flat area across the bottom with a small part of the rubber flap touching it and providing a seal across it. With time, assuming it is touching now, the fiberglass will sag and it will no longer touch leaving room for cold air and wasps to enter under your bed. I have put a gasket on the fiberglass for the rubber flap to bump up against and provide a more solid connection.

2. Under the other two slideouts, there are black plastic pieces designed to keep the electrical cables in place. These plastic pieces are bolted directly to the frame and flex each time the slide out is moved in and out. One of mine has broken where it is bolted to the frame and I will be putting a hinge on it instead of just bolting another one. I believe that they will all break in time if not changed. I am not sure if I want to wait for the other one to break for my design fix or just do it. I will probably just do it.

Note: Give me a couple of weeks and I will try and have pictures and notes up on my web site.

Uncle Rog

BS, that would be great, I have also done some "custom" changes on my own for convenience sake, nothing to void any warranty issues. My next change will be to move the 110v box in the docking station to the outside in a weather proof box and use the existing penetration in the wall to install a valve or two so that I can use the water pump in reverse to re-fill the water tank from a barrel when dry camping....thanks for the tips...

jbeletti

UR,

I moved this thread out of the Ask The Factory forum as I am trying to keep the ATFs strictly for posting online questions to the factory and for their online response.

Thanks,

Jim

C

Chulinw

Rog you are lucky just to have that few items on the list. I gave the dealer over 25 five items after the first trip and the Customer Rep said are you "Joking" I told him no and let's take a walk thru the unit and bring your red dots to show what has to be fix. I have been out of warranty for over a
year and still have some of the same problems again and again. Good luck.

Uncle Rog

Thanks Chulinw, This is my third or fourth visit back and am very familiar with the drill....it would be too bad to happen to someone else, in my case it is a tragedy!

HappyKayakers

UR, I had 3,5,7. Got the water intrusion under the dinette slide fixed by a dealer in Lubbock under warranty. When I got back to Amarillo, discovered the 12v wires that had been frayed under the kitchen slide. Had a dealer come onsite to repair, reimbursed under warranty. Poor airflow from the furnace is only in the bedroom. Since we don't plan on staying in cold weather over another winter and have a small ceramic heater, I'm not very concerned about that one.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
hi Roger
Had the wet carpet. Caulk both sides where the carpet shows, under the slide.
Door moulding redone. I will redo when we get home. Going to foam in behind to stop air leak.
Belt has been replaced with longer one and different mount.
and quite a few more. Our list is starting to grow to about 10 items for when we get home

The RV-Ramblers

BigHorn Owners
Rog,
You may want to look at my thread, //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=2170. It relates to a problem that I was having related to the kitchen vinyl.

J

Jim_1899

This is a good reminder for me since we took delivery of our Bighorn in April last year. The warranty period is getting close to the end. I don't have very much that I needs to get repaired. (handle on the holding tank, ripped rubber seal under bedroom slide and thats it).

I will find out for those who having problems with the airflow, my dealer made some modifications with the duct work to give me better airflow. They said that it corrects the problem that has occured. They have been a really good dealer. One last note that made me very happy is that I paid my last payment on my Ford F350. : - )

jpmorgan37

Jim 1899;
Congratulations on the last payment. Did you have a coupon book burning party? See you in May.
John

Tom of Ypsi

I can relate to the paying off of the truck. Mine will be paid off later this month and hopefully the Landmark later this year. Sure looking forward to the apyment book burning party. Maybe we should burn them at the rally.

Uncle Rog

Thanks for all the replies, once we get these items fixed with a good maintenance program I think I can keep things rolling....UR

tdharley

I must be lucky, which usually is not true. After using my BH all last season the only warranty issue I have is the cable on one holding tank has come disconnected, (which I probably will fix myself since I wanted to install the motorized valves). I have not even had the wet carpet problem but was sent the repair gaskets "just in case".

There were little things, door adjustments, drawer adjustment, remote thermostat relocation & some general wire cleanups. Besides that I am very happy, SO FAR.

After reading other forums & Trailer life articles I think I did pretty good.

Maybe I accept more as normal problems since I am a builder & see small issues all the time in my new homes.

Uncle Rog

td, I concur 100%, if it was'nt for the few major issues i've encountered and if it was easier to get into the liner area I would take care of the vast majority of fix's myself. I am curious about the motorized valves you refered to? I am having the same outdoor sound system you posted a while back installed this week while it is in the shop nice unit....UR

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Hi Roger
You said something about getting the warrenty extended for time spent while in for repairs. Could you let me know how to go about getting extended
Thanks Rand

nhunter

I had the wet doorside slide on our 3600RL and 1 broken wire support but I just made my last payment so I'm happy. I told the wife we can finnaly get a "don't laugh it's paid for sticker".:D

Uncle Rog

Rand, I think that the warranty info was part of the purchase / sales paperwork. Keep track of all the down time for that purpose. I will also post in "ask the factory" and contact Chris at Heartland for more info. We do not want to be orphaned before all is well.....Roger

tdharley

Hey Rog,

Heres a link to the valves I was refering to:

http://www.rvupgradestore.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=196

I will be taking my rig out this weekend from storage and have a long list of stuff I bought during the winter I need to install. If time permits I am going to install the valves.

I have a lot to do though:
2 new fantastic roof vents
2000 watt Zantrex inverter with remote
4 105 batteries
B&W hitch for the truck
3 maxxair vent covers
Zaxxis landing gear remote
King dome sat. system

WOW, I am just realizing how much I have to do !!!!!!!!!!