Water collecting on undercarriage barrier on 27bhs

poosu

Several times during our last trip we noticed a large amount of water coming out between the undercarriage barrier and the frame when we went up the first hill leaving a campsite. No rainy weather or leaking tanks were noticed. We do like to keep our fresh water tank full.

hoefler

It is coming out of the tank vent. You don't mention what rig you have, ours is a Landmark, we had the same issue. Would loose about a 1/3 to 1/2 of the fresh water in transit. I did some investigating and found the tank has 2 vents, one out the belly skin and one next to the gravity fill. I installed a ball valve in the vent that comes out of the belly skin. When we are traveling with a full load of fresh water to dry camp, I simply close the valve after I see it running out when filling. Now we have a full load of water when we get to our destination.

poosu

It is coming out of the tank vent. You don't mention what rig you have, ours is a Landmark, we had the same issue. Would loose about a 1/3 to 1/2 of the fresh water in transit. I did some investigating and found the tank has 2 vents, one out the belly skin and one next to the gravity fill. I installed a ball valve in the vent that comes out of the belly skin. When we are traveling with a full load of fresh water to dry camp, I simply close the valve after I see it running out when filling. Now we have a full load of water when we get to our destination.

I thought 27bhs was a model description. The only other ID we have on the camper is North Country LS. Can you tell me how to find the vent to the belly skin (which I think is what I called the undercarriage barrier).

hoefler

Sorry, I some how missed the model #. I think we are talking about the same thing. You should have a couple of 1/2 " hoses sticking out of the under carriage barrier. I would fill you fresh water tank and look for water to flow out the vent hose , install a valve in the hose.

poosu

Sorry, I some how missed the model #. I think we are talking about the same thing. You should have a couple of 1/2 " hoses sticking out of the under carriage barrier. I would fill you fresh water tank and look for water to flow out the vent hose , install a valve in the hose.

I really appreciate your response. Our unit is stored in a remote location so I can't check it right away. However I'm wondering how water can accumulate on top of the barrier if the drain hose projects through the barrier

hoefler

You may actually have a leak. I would run individual faucets and look for water running out. Start with filling the tank, the over flow could be disconnected or not sticking through the barrier. Check your holding tanks as well.

poosu

This issue turned out to be a crack on the top of the fresh water tank. It was found when we took the camper in for it's final warranty service. The tank was replaced under warranty. Interestingly, the replacement tank was not an exact fit and the technician had to make several adjustments to get the replacement tank to fit.