Replacement Termostat's

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
I know I have read in hear that folks have replaced their thermostats with Hunter but I have not found those thus far in Canada. I talked to one manufacturer (RiteTemp) and they said any of theirs were good because they are all low voltage. Is this all I need to concern myself with? Thanks..../Doug

nhunter

I looked very hard to find the right one, but could not. I have seen the posts with the part #. Must be only available south of the border. You would think someone would make a digital RV one by know. Did you break yours or just want to replace?

jwb187

Hunter thermostat

That thermostat is a Hunter model 42995B, sold in Walmart's for around 20bucks. I had one in my Jayco trailer, took it out when I traded it and put the old one back in.....haven't found the time to put the Hunter in the Bighorn yet, been too busy trying to get "HEAT!!!!!!".

ChopperBill

The one in my truck camper. An Atwood was a joke. No degree setting and you never could seem to set it the same place twice. Now I can run the thermostat and see the temp setting and adjust accordingly. The one in the BH is a little better but I like digital readings. You can tell exactly where it is set. For $20 bucks its a no brain upgrade.

DennisZ

Roger
There was a discussion about these last year, the biggest reason is that you can actually set the temperature you want by the degree, and that you can also set the hysterisis of the thermostat to as low as 1 degree. This keeps the cycle time of the heater or A/C shorter, it may come on more often, but not run for as long. I put on in my unit last December and am very happy with the results.

As a side note, since you live in the area, have you ever gone to Canyon RV Park in Anaheim just off the 91, we went there last weekend, it's a real nice spot.:)

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
We put one of the Hunters in our 3055 and love it Even temps. The one that came with the unit would take 6 degrees down to come on and 5 degrees above to shut off. Not great. Change if you can find one.
The only thing we lost was to 2 speeds on our air conditioning and that could be solved with a single pole switch, if you need 2 speeds on air.

Gary F

Can the Hunter wired t-stat replace the wireless one that came with the earlier 06 BH's ?

Gary F

HappyKayakers

Pardon my ignorance, but how do you get the old thermostat off? It doesn't look like it uses the same clips as the Fantastic Fan tstat.

C

Chulinw

On my unit I still have the hand held remote to try and set the temp. Can and how can I install one of the wall type of thermostat? I know in my old Jayco the wall unit work great and would like to convert this unit to one.

jwb187

Chulinw...go to Rv.net and type in hunter thermostat in the search box you will see several responses, scroll through them and one of them has a link to the install procedures for the hunter thermostat....very through instructions and easy to follow. Good luck....jwb

C

Chulinw

jwb187 Tkands for the help and will do it. New some one could help..

dennylm

I've ordered my 3055 with a heat pump/air conditioner in the bedroom. Will the Hunter work on a heat pump? I know if you have a heat pump in your home unit, you have to be careful which thermostat you buy.

Denny

ct0218

The BR units I have seen are not controlled with a remote tstat. They were all controlled by the one on the unit, and you're right--any replacement tstat would have to have a heatpump mode built in. Mine (factory) has Off/Fan/Cool/Heat pump/Heat strips/Furnace modes.

jpmorgan37

I have a wall mounted thermostat that controls the AC/Heat Pump in my bedroom unit and it works very well. Usually the dealer installed units had the controls on the unit. Both of our factory installed thermostats control with about a one degree variance.

John

ChopperBill

I just saw a Rite-Temp in Home Depot yesterday that I think would work just as well. No fancy pants programs but priced right at $21.

ct0218

Glad to see that the factory front units have thermostats. My dealer dropped that off the order so he had to install the heat pump. The wall mounted tstat is much better than the one 2 inches from the ceiling, supposedly mine can't be converted though.

ChopperBill

Just received my Hunter 42995B from eBay. The packages says NOT compatible for electric base board heat OR Heat Pumps.