New NT 28RBS 02-04-2011

QuinCrew

Hello everyone, just wanted to post my first thread with an introduction.

My wife and I have been toying with the idea to get an RV for two years now. Over the winter we decided it was time to stop thinking and start doing. So for 2011 we started the year with buying our first RV as a couple and family. We have two kids 7 and 5 and we are excited about our prospects for 2011. I grew up with a pop-up in my family my whole life so I can't wait to show the way!

We slept our first night in the back yard and had a great time with the kids. I am getting my distribution hitch installed this Saturday and currently rebuilding my fence gate to actually fit the RV easier (only about 4 inches each side to spare :rolleyes:). We have booked our first week over the kids spring break from school (KOA), our RV dealers owners camp out and are talking about more.

Really love the North Trail and the quality that it appears that Heartland puts into their RV's. Being a Mechanical Engineer by trade my wife didn't understand why I looked underneath and in all the cubby-holes when we were looking through the different RV's. When I told her this was an acceptable quality she just laughed and rolled her eyes ;).

Okay I have two questions thus far. First the exterior light above the main entrance door only turns on by the remote and no switch that I can find inside the RV. Is that true? Just find it a little funny, I would like to be able to turn it on at night. My second question is, does anyone else have a problem with the RV radio? Our interior speakers don't work and the dealer already ordered a new radio. I did pull the radio and checked wire connections and everything looked tight so guess I will wait for the new unit.

Really excited and hopefully we will thaw out soon and we can get out camping with-in a month. THANKS North Trail and more stories to come!!

Saildogs

Congratulations on the new NT! We love ours. I believe there have been numerous issues with the radio and I'm certain someone will tell you where to look on this forum for information.

jimtoo

Hi QuinCrew,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Your not the first to camp in your own yard or driveway. Lots of folks do that. We have even been known to spend the night in ours also, right next to the house. Sometimes the trailer just looks lonely.

Your new family is here for you if you need help. Make many happy memories with your new North Trail.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

APT

Congratulations! I love my 28BRS purchased last summer!

I'm not sure what you mean by turning on the light over the door with a remote. The only remotes I got were for the TV and radio. I have a switch for the front outside light on the side of the upper cabinets over the bar. I have another switch on the side of my bathroom cabinet for the rear outside light. I have not remote to control lights.