Fiberglass side panels are getting ridges is this normal????

bozo

Question? I have a 2011 NT 21 FBS just wanted to know if anybody has noticed ridges or rinkles in the outside side panels of the fiberglass. I have no water leaks I have had the rig since June 2010. The side walls were slick as a button when I picked it up. It seems to be at the seams of the sidewalls. I will try to include some pics if I can. Looking at the back it is running horzonaly about a foot in from the conners about four feet up. Its not bad but you can see it in the sun light. I can also see them starting on both sides and above the slide. I am carrying it in next week to have it looked at but just wanted to know from you guys if this is normal or if you have saw this beforer. It just seems that the sidewalls are starting to see stress. We have been on about ten trips in it and I just worry that it will continue to get worse.

Thanks,

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Starting to see some of what you are talking about in our 2011 / 21fbs. I thought I had read somewhere that it is normal in cold weather and then it will resolve itself in hot weather. I will be taking a close look at it tomorrow as my warranty expires the end of this month.
Thanks for bringing this up. Post if you find something relative and I will do the same.

archbarb

Starting to see some of what you are talking about in our 2011 / 21fbs. I thought I had read somewhere that it is normal in cold weather and then it will resolve itself in hot weather. I will be taking a close look at it tomorrow as my warranty expires the end of this month.
Thanks for bringing this up. Post if you find something relative and I will do the same.

When we has our NT 26RKS, I called Heartland Customer Service about the same thing. They did say it was weather related!!!!!

Archie

jnv

We have a 2009 NT 21FBS and are experiencing some of the same symptoms. We have camped with the trailer for 2 seasons. I believe because of the thinness of the fiberglass skin we are seeing where it is attached to the super structure. Our fiberglass skin was smooth when we first got ours also. I'm not happy about the situation either but believe there is nothing that can be done about the ridges. Our trailer did not come with a diamond plate in front. We have experienced waviness there and I will be installing a front diamond plate next month. That said, last year we put on over 8,000 miles on the trailer without the sides getting any worse. Our trailer is out of warranty but if you get any information on how this could be corrected, please let us know. Thanks.

bozo

Thanks for the info guys. We love our rig its just the right size for me and the wife and I dont have to smell deisel smoke. I have a friend at work and we go on with each other all the time joking around. Now he has what he calls a Pusher. Now I thought that had something to do with drugs and I ask him what he said agian. And I geuss he understood at this piont that he was talking to Trailer Trash. Well since my rig bends in the middle he want talk about camping anymore but he dont camp he does RVing so I geuss to the big rigs I am trailer trash. We need to respect each other no matter what kind of rig we have.In some cases its like buying a $100.000 car just to impress someone at a stop light that you dont even know. I just like being outdoors I live in the North Georgia Mountians what we call Gods country and hope you feel the same about where you live. Sorry "just sayin" Guys I'll let you know what I find out about the ridges should know something in a couple of weeks. Happy Camping!!!!!!!!!

jnv

We love the size of our trailer also :). It has everything you need to camp in the great outdoors! Perfect for two old retired people! See you down the road!

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
BOZO... I spent the day going over the rig very carefully since my waranty is up next Friday. I have one ridge from the top of the water heater vent to the roof that looks like where two panels meet up. Average person would not notice but I was looking closely. I don't think it is enough of anything to worry about. I inspected every weld, seam, connection, etc. etc. etc. and found nothing that needed any attention.
Our 21 fbs is perfect for the wife and me and the dog, just right for our "Trailerhood"!

bozo

Invizatu, Thanks for the info it is where two panels meet on mine as well. I have about six different places that I can see the seam I'll let you know what I find out in the next couple of weeks. Hey I have been going to tell you for a while I love the pic of Sara the terror. If you ever get to GA look me up I just got to meet that Dog. lol Happy Camping!!!!!

Thanks,

hbjersurf

I have a similar issue but have issues with the weather explanation as I live in southern CA and the temperature does not vary much. I took note to a seem raising in one place shortly after we purchased our 28BRS but I havent noticed a problem other that appearance. Our warranty is valid through December so please post if you discover a larger problem.

ZNK

Hello,

I have a large indentation in my front cap. I was told this could be a type of delamination. This could be the case with yours. Can you post some pictures? I can then give you a better idea. Mine is scheduled for a replacement cap at the shop, hoping to drop it off this week when the new front cap comes in.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Question? I have a 2011 NT 21 FBS just wanted to know if anybody has noticed ridges or rinkles in the outside side panels of the fiberglass. I have no water leaks I have had the rig since June 2010. Thanks,

Difficult to comment without pictures. It could be just a "print through" of the structure. We have some of this with our Big Country and I do see it on many other rigs. Hopefully it is nothing serious!

Best Wishes!

ZNK

Difficult to comment without pictures. It could be just a "print through" of the structure. We have some of this with our Big Country and I do see it on many other rigs. Hopefully it is nothing serious!

Best Wishes!

It is common to have some ridges showing, I was told this by the factory. Serious indentations or bubbles that are significant an inch or so deep are another story.