Repairing Blinds

Chuck Richard

Hi All,

Has anyone had any luck re-stringing the double blinds? I have an 09 3055RL and one of the small blind strings broke in the front of the main slide. I looked while on the trip and cannot even figure out how the valance is attached or if the blind head will come out some how. I saw a couple screws at the top of the valance but none on the sides and they seem well attached. It looks like a not too difficult job to restring if I can get it out and find the correct string. I could just replace the whole thing but so far don't see how to get it unmounted. Looking for some experience.

Thanks

Last edited:

Chuck Richard

Thanks, Looks like I have a project coming up, I'll try magnet and I have a metal sensing stud finder so I'll try that also.

Birchwood

I have redone the cord in 5 of the blinds in my Landmark.The valances have screws that are sort of hidden by
the material but are completely removeable.The blinds themselves have 3 or 4 screws at the top that are also
easily removable.The cord on them breaks and can be puchased at fabric some stores but usually only white is available.
If you need a beige colour just soak the cord in your morning pot of tea(not kidding).
Buy lots of cord because it crosses the blind a few times depending on your design.
I disassemble the blind and draw a diagram of the cord routing because it is complicated(to me anyway)
The blinds are just like new with the new cord installed.Good luck