new 4012

russell

We picked up our cyclone 4012 this week. Looking forward to checking it out extensively this weekend. It's still winter in Rhode Island.
Am I mistaken or did this model have two forty five gallon grey water tanks? Mine is a 2008 model and it has only one! What happened? Is there a reason it only has a forty five gallon tank when the other smaller cyclones have ninty gallon tanks?
We love the floor plan and the insulation is the best we've experienced in a camper. We've got a few minor issues with the dealer, no manuals, remotes missing, bedroom tv missing! Got to stop in tomorrow and let them know how impressed I am with their organization.
I'll keep you posted,

Russ

Flatop

Interested Member
Russell

I hope you all enjoy the Cyclone, I have been kicking the Cyclone Idea around, We currently have a Grand Canyon 2007, we had a KZ 27' Toyhauler before. We have a 1996 Eletra gluide classic, sold the 4 wheelers but are looking to replace them. We throughly enjoyed the toyhauler and I would not mind getting another one, definetly will be a Heatland 5th wheel.

russell

Scott,

I hope I am mistaken, I was told by the dealer it has only one tank, there is only one pull handle for grey water ( and one for black of course), and if you look at the specification chart on the web site it states 45 galllons where the others state 90 gallons.

Russ

Scott

I found out this morning that I was wrong. The 4012 in fact does have a single 45 gallon gray water tank. I guess with the triple slide out configuration, that we had a choice of a either a smaller fresh water tank, or two gray water tanks. After talking with some of our larger toy hauler dealers, we decided to stick with the larger fresh water tank (110 gallons). With the external spray ports popularity (which by pass the gray tank), and with fresh water being at a premium for dry campers, it was decided to go with the one gray tank - which I know, will probably require an extra dump over an extended stay.
ST

russell

Scott,

Thanks for getting back to me. I thought the 2007 models had two grey tanks and they had the same floor plan. Just curious. I suppose if we're staying long enough to fill forty five gallons we could use a honey wagon to dump the grey water. It just took me by surprise.

Flat Top & Madigan,

Thanks for the good words. This forum seems populated by decent people. It's a great source of information.

russell

Scott, I'm still confused, the monitor panel in my 4012 has a grey two on the panel and it lights up as empty. When we looked at a 2007 model at the Boston rv show it had two grey tanks even with triple slides.

One other quick question. My invoice indicates a stainless steel microwave and fridge, the camper has black. My dealer said he would order the correct color and switch them out. Now he is saying they are not available and they were never delivered with stainless. Any comments?
Russ

C

Cyclone1

Russell
I apologizeThe 4012 has indeed always had one grey tank. Because of the location of the slides we have not been able to get the two in the design. Also, the stainless steel to black inserts was changed last November. We made minor changes to the product in November and December. Some invoices made it out as stainless steel however they did have the balck inserts. Thank you!

Brian