Rieco-Titan Correct Track II Axle Alignment Kit

Vtxkid

In the March edition of Trailer Life, their is an article concerning a self-install alignment kit for the chassis axles to improve tire wear and safety. The system consist of axle spring hangers that use special cams to align the axles and wheels in relation to the coupler and kingpin. Seems like and interesting set-up. Was wondering if anybody has installed this system and what their thoughts are?!?

porthole

Retired
Still waiting to see the article. A self install kit I could see, but without Laser alignment equipment I don't know ow a DIY'r could do it.

porthole

Retired
One of the benefits of the Mor/Ryde IS is that when installed it is finished up with a 4 wheel chassis Laser alignment to the king pin

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Yes - we have the Correct Track installed over a year ago on the Big Country. Before installing, we keep having the right rear tire wearing very badly and continually had to rotate and re-balance, sometimes twice a year. That gets costly. My dealer told us about the system and we had him install it not long afterward. When he checked each axle with a laser, the rear axle was not put on correctly at Lippert, being over 1/2" off alignment on the right side. Bingo - cause of the wearing of the tire. We had already had new tires installed about six months before the Correct Track was installed and didn't see any problems all last season which included a couple of 1000 miles trips. I'm scheduled for our pre-season tire rotation/balancing/brake check in 2 weeks so lets see what they say.

Vtxkid

Yes - we have the Correct Track installed over a year ago on the Big Country. Before installing, we keep having the right rear tire wearing very badly and continually had to rotate and re-balance, sometimes twice a year. That gets costly. My dealer told us about the system and we had him install it not long afterward. When he checked each axle with a laser, the rear axle was not put on correctly at Lippert, being over 1/2" off alignment on the right side. Bingo - cause of the wearing of the tire. We had already had new tires installed about six months before the Correct Track was installed and didn't see any problems all last season which included a couple of 1000 miles trips. I'm scheduled for our pre-season tire rotation/balancing/brake check in 2 weeks so lets see what they say.[/QUOT

Nabo, Appreciate the info... Let us know what the outcome of your appointment is and also would like to know your overall opinion of the system afterwards... I'm thinking of installing the system myself down the road...

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi Jerry,not trying to steal your thread but Sonny Disnuke of the Rieco-Titan company, is coming to our spring rally at 4 Paws Kingdom, in Rutherfordton,NC in April to demonstrate their Ground Control Leveling System and the Correct Track system.He will be offering special pricing on the Ground control system and giving away a Correct Track system. If you can make it,we would be glad to have you join us.Again,not trying to steal your thread.Thanks

lwmcguir

Looks like an interesting tool to keep the alignment correct or to make it correct. However if you have a bent axle you will still have to go to the alignment shop. If the hangers were put on out of alignment then this appears to be a great fix and easier than having them cut and re-welded.

Vtxkid

Hi Jerry,not trying to steal your thread but Sonny Disnuke of the Rieco-Titan company, is coming to our spring rally at 4 Paws Kingdom, in Rutherfordton,NC in April to demonstrate their Ground Control Leveling System and the Correct Track system.He will be offering special pricing on the Ground control system and giving away a Correct Track system. If you can make it,we would be glad to have you join us.Again,not trying to steal your thread.Thanks

Terry, do appreciate the info and would definitely be interested in coming because it would be nice to be able to meet the Rieco-Titan team along with all the Heartland members there but unfortunately we already have a camping event already planned for that weekend. Thanks again though!

Vtxkid

Has anybody else had any experience with this Correct Track II system... The one thing I did notice was installing this kit will put a lift of 2" to the RV. Not really something I really wanted to do. As mentioned above, Cyclones are at 13 " now and to add lift affects the rear ramp angle. Other then that, I do like the set-up.

caissiel

This is a great product that will help a lot of RVers.

Great information on the installation instructions, showing the checking method.
On my previous trailer I had to install a similar system of alignement I build myself to align a front axle that was 3/4" out of alignment from the factory. It ruined a few rear tires before I found out that the front axle was the reason. To my amasement by doing the checking as instructed it was very succesfull in aligning the axle and saving tires and fuel pulling the unit.

Last edited:

Vtxkid

caissiel, appreciate the info... Still early for me as we just bought our rig last July so I haven't had any problems as of yet, but I am looking for a DYI kit where I can install and align it and occasionally check the alignment to help ensure my tires/ fuel economy is the best I can do...

lwmcguir

This sounds like a neat gadget, however if the trailer is aligned correctly when it is built, the only way it gets out of alignment is wear and tear or road hazards. (or you could bend the frame as well) If it is wear then the worn parts have to be replaced. If the axle gets bent then you have to have it bent back. That is how you will change any Camber or Castor issues also. Have bent a few over the years before we started using 10K or better on the heavier trailers. It is very easy to bend the 6-7-8 K axles by hitting a large pot hole hard with the axle near the rated load. Twisting and turning the trailer on dry pavement to check out the 88 degree turning guarantee can bend things as well.