New BC owners

DaleR

"Hi"
I feel like a lost sheep in the wilderness. Sofar no posting of any "Big Country" owners, or to be owners. We should pick up our 08 model 3075R next week (3/7) after our walk through. :)

DRR

jpmorgan37

Hi Packer;
Keep the faith. We were all in the same boat a few years ago. Be assured, other Big Country owners will follow in time.
John

madigand

Congrats and do not feel alone. I am sure the others, once they learn about this website, will be posting

C

Chulinw

It would be nice if the dealers told the customers about the Heartland owners. I didn't know that it was available for over a year after I purchase my unit.

jbeletti

Chulinw,

Sorry for the short reply earlier. I wrote it using a cell phone (tiny screen and awkward keyboard).

At present, both a Forum and Club flyer are being stuffed into new trailer document packets. I was at the factory yesterday and saw an employee adding the flyers to the packets so I know it is happening.

This has been going on since about the beginning of February (2007). So, some new customers should be seeing them. That said, some people will still be buying existing product off dealer lots that were built prior to Feb 1.

It's been a long time in coming but it's nice that we are now getting into the trailers.

Jim

Mariposa

others, too

Don't feel too alone. We are looking and watching too. As fulltimers I usually go on patrol in a new RV park looking for a Heartland unit. Talking with owners is interesting. No telling what information one will get.
Bob

happyrover

New Owner

Packer: Not a Big Country owner, but welcome to the club. Recently took possession of our new Landmark Grand Canyon and then got to attend the Rally in Goshen. Look forward to seeing you at future rallies. Again, WELCOME to the Heartland family.None

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Packer,
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum. Maybe you will be the Big Country Ambassador. Hope to hear more of your adventures with your new rig.

Mark

gawelsh

PACKER - you sure did buy a nice RV....and these Forum Folks are as good as they get! You can read up everyday on ALL the posts because there's more in common among models than not. ENJOY YOUR TRAVELS and hope to meet you next year at the Rally!

tdharley

I got to see 2 BC's last week at the Americade motorcycle rally in Lake George.

I think its the most you can get for the money. My brothers, brother in law is selling his Cougar trailer and is looking at a BC.

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Packer
You will not be alone for long. I have two friends who will take delivery of their Big Countrys next week and spending a couple of days in Knoxville. I am sure they will have many questions as this is the first fiver for both of them.

jmramiller said:
Taking delivery of our BC 3490 next week. Can't wait.
The wait is over! 3490 BHS sitting in the driveway. Mike Snow (Service Manger at ExploreUSA) was awesome. So was our salesman Harmon. Very few issues during walk thru - table was a little scratched up (Mike is ordering another) and plugin for the air matress sofa had not been installed. And the counter extender had not arrived from the factory due to everyone being on vacation during the 4th.

I asked about the fresh water tank issue everyone has been talking about with not being able to fill. He assured me that they fill all the tanks to check for proper venting and leaks. Asked about the axle/alignment issues - Mike took the time to show me how to measure everything to ensure proper alignment.

We will be going to Sea World in S.A. later this month so I suggested that we wait until after the trip to address everything. That way we could make a list of anything else we ran accross.

First time backing truck upto a 5er - I'm already in heaven. How easy was that compared to the equalizer hitch on the TT.

We did not leave the dealership until well after closing but Mike (the only person other than us still on the lot) hung with us and answered all of our questions despite his leaving for vacation tomorrow morning. Even drove around the lot with us making sure that the prodigy was set properly.

Did have the second AC installed. Could not imagine having only the one AC in Texas.

ChopperBill

Sound great! They didnt have BC's when we bought ours. Would have taken a close look. Call me simple but I like the Formica counters better than the Corian. Certainly wouldn't pay more if they were an option.

jpmorgan37

Chopper;

We use a cleaner and polish for the Corian that we get at Home Depot. Keeps them looking great, stain resistent and nice and slick. This is our second coach with Corian and my bride doesn't want anything else.

John

ChopperBill

Renee is a clean freak! She will sit on the coach and eye ball the counter and if she sees a finger smudge she is up cleaning it off! Seen her do that about 5 times in one sitting. Cant see those finger smudges with the Formica. Of course I can have her get me another beer while she is up! :)

jpmorgan37

Chopper;

That stuff is so slick, the finger prints slide right off. The down side of that is you'll have to get your own beverage of choice.

L&M

Big Country Here we come

We are in the process of buying the 3490 Big Country. We currently own a Crossroads product and love it. We have been camping for years. Our Crossroads dealer closed his doors so left us to look at different lines. We looked at the Montana, Cedar Creek, Big Country, liked what we saw and decided to go with it. Our "new" dealer sells Montanas, Mountaineers, and Cougars. AFter talking with our salesman about what we wanted in our 5th wheel he STRONGLY urged us with the Big Country. Thinks this is the NEW UNIT to beat. They certainly did ALOT of nice NEW things. The curtains are wonderful, now when I put the day/night shades up or down I won't pull the curtain off the velcro. I know its a little thing but its great. The bigger water heater is GREAT, holds more fresh water than any I have saw. Our dealership can't keep a Big Country on the lot right now. I'm not saying I'm expecting NO issues with the new rig, I think that comes with any NEW unit! If I only knew when my new unit would arrive!!

HAPPY CAMPING TO ALL