Double paned windows

grizzlygiant

Altho the double pane windows used in the RV industry are much less efficient than those used in residences many will extol of their virtues. If you are a winter camper they do provide somewhat more insulation resulting in less sweating. They are somewhat quieter in noisy surroundings. On the otherhand they are HEAVY and they are EXPENSIVE. We live full-time in our standard pane windoww coach in very cold (near zero F) weather and have no problems altho we do provide ventilation and exhaust shower and cooking steam. It's just a matter of how you want to spend your $$$$; we opt for more travel and eating out in good restaurents.

jnbhobe

Are double paned windows worthwhile? How much extra weight do they add? Thanks...Al

By all means get them I didn't and wish I had. I think they only add 150 to 200 lbs. They cut down on condensation, noise, and drafts.

branson4020

Icantre Member
This is my first coach with dual-pane windows and I would never be without them again. Absolutley great addition for comfort and quiet. Use the search function on this forum for extensive discussions of this topic.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Al,
I have them and they are great. My advice, I would get them, well worth it. Much quieter and better insulating than my last SOB that did not have them.
This subject has come up several times in the last few months.
Here is a link to a previous thread with a lot of info about them.Hope this helps.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...e-windows-R-factor-and-added-weight?highlight=

robnmo

I'm with the majority here, we DIDN'T get dual pane but our next one will have. Can't say it's really drafty but you can definitely feel the cooler outside temps when setting beside the windows without them so they'd have to help out.

wyleyrabbit

We got talked into getting dual-pane windows by people here and on RV.net, and am I ever glad we did! Not only for the added insulation, but for the sound dampening as well. Get them, you won't regret the decision.