Washer/Dryer Venting of Cabinet!

J

Jeff

Hi Folks:

I have been in contact with Westland Sales in Oregon. These are the folks that distribute the Splendide Washer/Dryer Combo units.

This is an exerp from an Email I received:

Jeffrey,

The machine will breath just fine with the doors OPEN DURING DRY CYCLE.
Yes louvered doors would best serve in this type of installation just in
case the user forgets. Heat is a killer of electrical circuits therefore
when ever possible, always let the unit finish drying on its own instead
of interupt during dry cycle.

Regards,

Darrell

So, with that I took upon myself to create and install Louvered Doors in the Heartland! I am hoping that Heartland will eventually get rid of the solid doors and put a full louvered door in place, which will only help the drying of clothes and aid in the longevity of the machine, by reducing heat build up in the cabinet.

See the attached photos below. This is what I did.

1.) Original Doors

2.) Using a Jig Saw I cut the front opening.

3.) Back of door. I used poplar trim strips to enhance and re-enforce the cut out. Glueing them in place.

4.) Front Grill in Place.

5.) Back of Door with grill installed.

6.) Front Doors Complete.

7.) Front Doors Completed.

The Grills themselves are standard wood floor vent grills and can be purchased at any home store. I got these at Lowes.

The entire project took me about 6 hours to complete, mostly waiting for the glue to dry.

Stay tuned for the next episode: Installing the Splendide Washer/Dryer!

You all take care.

Jeff

Tom of Ypsi

Jeff, Real good looking job you did there. I can see another project on my honey list now. I wish you guys would stop it:D . Actually I am the one suggesting things to do. I have been looking at w/d, bike carriers, generators, invertors and today started looking at fuel/toolbox combo's. I still have satelite systems to start looking at and which cell phone is the best for all over.:eek: