Weekend spottings

Eduardo37

The Grand Patriarch
I went to Rockport for the weekend on a dual mission. Won't bore you with the details. On the way down Thursday I saw a Cyclone headed north on I-37 about 100 miles north of Corpus Cristi. Then 30 miles or so further south there was a Big Horn also headed north. This was about 10:15 and 10:50am Mar. 1.

Didn't see any Heartlands in the campgrounds there, but on the way home Saturday at 11:55 I spotted a Big Horn headed south on I-37 about mile marker 112. I waved, couldn't tell if he waved back or not.

I stayed in the Raintree RV Park while there. Man, they pack them in down there. Nice people in the office. Price was right, especially during high season. Full hook-ups, Free TV and Wi-Fi. I was with a group so we got special rates, but still $17/night I thought was decent. I also visited some friends who winter over in Shady Oaks park just south of town, and they were packed in just as tightly there.

Eduardo37

The Grand Patriarch
Saw two Big Horns this weekend

On my way home from a dance rally in Perrin, TX I saw two Big Horns on the road. First one was on IH 20 about mid-way between Dallas and Fort Worth headed west. I wasn't towing at the time. Then on the way home next day I saw another Big Horn pulling out of a rest area heading south on IH 35.

And while I'm here, just a little rant. When I packed up to go home I just threw my sewer hose and chocks in the bed of the pickup for the short trip. I stopped for lunch just north of Waco and some low form of life stole my hose and chocks while I was in eating. I have a theory. I somehow doubt if it was another RVer, although they would be the ones able to use the stuff. I think it was a trucker who doesn't like RVers took them just for spite. My second guess would be young punks hanging around just to see if there is any opportunity to find something loose.

I only hope they use the things in ill health, and lose something at least 10 times the value. (That would still be less than $100 probably).

jbeletti

Who would want to steal used sewer hose? That is just so wierd.

Maybe they blew out of the back of the truck on the way to the restaurant??

I've been so lucky - nothing stolen while RVing yet.

One member of this forum had his V-Gate stolen last month during a rain-storm in his driveway. Other vehicles were hit the same night in his neighborhood.

Jim

phranc

Could be the wind.. I've had a cooler lift right off the bed and float under the cap of the Fifth.. FWIW , the open style V gate seems to cut down on this bed wind stuff..

Jimmyt5

I lost a hose and saw a plastic wheel chock float up and down in my back window.

Awfull lot of wind turbulence back there.

jbeletti

I also lost a medium sized cooler out of the bed while towing the 5er. I thought I had enough stuff in it. Guess not.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I have also had things blow out the back of the truck. My biggest concern is causing some poor guy behind me a problem. Now I only keep heavier things back there. Light items go in the box.

Eduardo37

The Grand Patriarch
Maybe

Maybe they did blow out. I have a web type V gate. At any rate, from now on everything goes inside and locked up.

Tom of Ypsi

Here in Michigan we have a returnable law and on my way home from a 5 day weekend with 10 other campers I had a bag of cans blow out of my truck in a construction zone. All I could see in my mirrors were cans bouncing down the road probably $15 worth.