2011 29mk

Texas

I just looked at the 2011 29MK. I really like the front cap with the 88 degree turn.

I liked the layout of the unit and I did not get to go over it with a fine tooth comb, but from what I saw it looks like a solid unit.

GWVR is listed as 13,800
Dry 9,020
Pin 1930

I am single and will be traveling with 2 30 lbs dogs, I am 6'2" 230.

I drive a 2007 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab Short Bed 5.9 Cummins 2 wheel drive.

I would like some feed back on the unit and the weight for my truck.

Thank

Last edited:

jimtoo

Hi Texas,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I would think you would be fine with that combination. I am sure you will get some more replies soon.

Mean while enjoy the forum.

Jim M

mlburst1

Hi Texas,

The Greystone line is a mid-profile 5th wheel - lower ceiling height in the bedroom and especially the shower.

At 6' 2', you probably need a full size fiver like the Big Horn or Big Country.

Mike

Texas

I did walk in the bedroom and step in the shower.. It was a little cramped but I think I would be able to shower ok.

I would like the Bighorn, but the weight would get me.

I noticed you have the 29MK, how do you like the floor plan,

I do like all the options that are on the unit I am looking at.

Mike

Duramax1

As you can see from my signature, I have a Sundance 2900MK which is the identical floorplan to the Greystone you are considering.

As you have a Cummins diesel this means, I believe, that you have a 3/4 ton.

I have a 3/4 ton Silverado with the duramax/allison combination. This provides me with all the power I require for pulling that RV, and believe me, I have always been interested in power.

Floorplans are a personal choice. All I can say is that we love the 2900MK and the Heartland quality.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
GWVR is listed as 13,800
Dry 9,020
Pin 1930

I am single and will be traveling with 2 30 lbs dogs, I am 6'2" 230.I drive a 2007 Dodge Quad Cab Short Bed 5.9 Cummins 2 wheel drive.I would like some feed back on the unit and the weight for my truck. Thank

I don't think you will have any issues with the Dodge paired to the Greystone. I had a 2500 CTD that was a great truck and towed our previous SOB just fine. It was very similar to the 29MK.

I would recommend you find a dealer and actually go see one if you haven't done so. Stand in the shower, lay in the bed, sit on the toilet...get a feel for the size and configuration of the floorplan! Like I said, our previous rig was almost identical to the 29MK. It worked out great. The only real complaint I had was the distance from the recliners to the TV screen. It was not ideal for me to have the TV so far away! I would prefer the 29RL.

Regardless, welcome to the forum and Best Wishes in your quest!

mlburst1

Mike,

"how do you like the floor plan" - we love our 2900mk.

The floor plan is ideal for us - 2 adults and a 35 lb Springer Spaniel.

We're presently snowbirding in Arcadia, Florida - our "condo on wheels" is a well built unit - a few initial problems that were all taken care of by our dealer or us.

Mike

Texas

How does the Quality on the Greystone compare with the Sundance and the Prowler Shadow.
The unit that I looked at has all the options upgraded.
4 Electric stablizer jacks
Electric Awing
10 cubic ft. refer
10 gal gas/electric DSI hot water heater.
Equa flex
Pillow top memory foam mattress
15 btu a/c

I also looked at the Prowler Shadow and I really like the bathroom layout..

Last edited:

mlburst1

Our Sundance 2900MK has all of the options that you listed except for the pillow top mattress.

Mike

peanutman

We looked at the 29mk but decided on the 32re. We liked the bath, toilet and shower was in one enclosed room. And i believe the living room set up was a little different. The price and weight was only slightly higher. We have been happy so far with only minor problems with freezing pipes in weather in the low teens. Had some minor warranty work but was covered with no problems. Your 3/4 ton cummins should handle several of the greystone models.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Texas, we'd love to have you and Peanutman at our April rally in Spring TX. I don't think we've had a Greystone at one of the rallies yet, so we could all look your's over.

peanutman

Texas, we'd love to have you and Peanutman at our April rally in Spring TX. I don't think we've had a Greystone at one of the rallies yet, so we could all look your's over.
Would love to come but i am living in mine right now in waco. I would have to break camp so to speak and find the time. But will probobaly pass this time around.

jayc

We live in ours too, but to leave for a rally, with a potluck dinner? Oh yeah, it's worth it!

I do understand, but you'll have a ball. Come if you can...

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
We have a Greystone 32rl friends have the shorter one and the bedroom ceiling heights ARE different (I am 6 foot)! I would do a walk through of both units to be sure.

tom

Texas

Thank you for the invitation. I do not know if I will have a unit by then. I am looking and as you know there is so many choices out there..

Mike

jayc

We hope you'll have your unit by then and will be able to come with us.

jheitman

You won't have any problem with weight, or more to the point accelerating with your truck and trailer.
I pull a greystone 32re with a 6L gasser, and dont have any major problems,
You have way more low speed torque than I do, so no problem.

Texas

Well no Greystone yet... I did trade the 07 2500 Ram for a 2011 3500 Crew Cab Dually long bed 6.7 diesel.

I am going to look at a new MK Saturday.. the quoted me $XXXXX.

Last edited by a moderator:

TxCowboy

With a one ton mover, that really expands your options. Not sure how long you're willing to wait but the Texas RV Show is in San Antonio on the weekend of August 12-14 so you should have the opportunity to look at a variety of models there that can accommodate your wishes. Explore USA Seguin is where we purchased our 32RL so I suspect that Heartland will have a good presence at the show.

Laurie and I will both be there and hope to see many of you there as well! :)