Full body paint option

sardis

Hi, I'm considering an Edge M-18 with the full body paint but the salesman at my local Rv dealer says that you don't want this option as the paint chips and they have had several come back with insurance claims. I like the look of the Full paint and would be disappointed if this was the case. I'm wondering if someone can chime in that has the Edge trailer with the full body paint and how they like the option as well as any problems they have had.
Thank you.

Last edited:

mikeyy53

We had a M21 with the full body paint. While it does make the Edge stand out, it does chip. The factory does give you touch up paint. Ours did have a couple of chips in, one from a stone hitting while traveling. One from the door being let go by DW and hitting the awning arm(ours was one of the first ones built) I wanted the full body paint as I didn't want another white trailer. Would I get the full body paint again..Yes. I think the little bit of work to maintain it is worth it. I said in the begining that we had a m21 we traded it in on a Big Country, as quarters were cramped with 2 adults & 2 dogs.

Seahunter

We're looking to buy the M18 with full body paint but we're a bit confused by the "Platinum option".
According to the brochure it's a cheaper way to get the full body paint look. It looks like a silver body with some red decals.
Our dealer says the full body paint is simply some swirls over the white body but in the photos I've seen it looks like the entire body is painted a tan color and then the swirls are added. I like that look.
We've not seen an actual Edge with full body paint.
What's up?

Hi, I'm considering an Edge M-18 with the full body paint but the salesman at my local Rv dealer says that you don't want this option as the paint chips and they have had several come back with insurance claims. I like the look of the Full paint and would be disappointed if this was the case. I'm wondering if someone can chime in that has the Edge trailer with the full body paint and how they like the option as well as any problems they have had.
Thank you.

Full body paint is indeed paint on all four sides, and the various stripes are all paint. For example, my full body paint unit came with 4 different colors of touch up paint. Heartland seems to have a great paint shop, and I am highly impressed with their paintwork. Notably, heartland puts a clear bra on the front to help mitigate rock dings. But yes, it is susceptible to scratches and dings like a car.

Some Edges have a painted roof as well. My first M22 had a dark roof and I don't think it would have held up well over the long term.

PhotoPete

I just ordered an Edge M21. When I asked the dealer about full paint, he said i didn't want to go that way. He said there were problems with the paint pealing.

jimtoo

Hi PhotoPete,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Can't say as I have heard of any paint peeling. I think most is like ColoradoM22 posted above yours.

We should get more replies soon.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

RonBB

Starting my 3rd season with a 2010 Edge M18 with full body Paint. I have had no issues with the paint. I have had LOTS of compliments on the paint. I guess I feel the FBP adds an "upscale look" to the exterior.I would buy it again. Best of luck with whatever your decision. Ron

M

Mcreech

I would say the biggest reason not to buy the paint is simply the cost of it and not so much that it chips.....The paint will chip if rocks and other road grim is hitting it at a good pace....But overall it holds up pretty good...

PhotoPete

Thank you Jim. I am looking forward to the forum and the 2012 Edge m21 I am about to take delivery on.