extended warranty?

archbarb

We had it on our NT 26RKS TT for an additional 7 years for something like $1700.00. We decided against it on our BC 3250TS. Prices vary so much and I'm really not sure its worth the cost. Maybe I feel like if anythings going to happen it will happen in the first year while still under warranty. That's probably not a good way to look at it, but it works for me.

Archie

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Extended warranties are like insurance, you are essentially pre paying for repairs that may or may not be needed. If it gives you piece of mind then that is a personal choice. The prices and what they actually cover (read the fine print very carefully) are another story in itself, some companies go out of business and your money is gone. I have heard that it is good to do business with someone like Good Sam Club when it comes to those types of products. My personal opinion is to buy a quality trailer and do the proper maintenance, take care of any issues during the first year of warranty (many components have additional years like the microwave, fridge, etc. ) and you should be fine. I have never bought any extended warranty of any kind and have never regretted it. Typically these warranties are big money makers for dealers that sell them. That's my free advice, take it for what it's worth!

lwmcguir

Extended warranties are like insurance, you are essentially pre paying for repairs that may or may not be needed. If it gives you piece of mind then that is a personal choice. The prices and what they actually cover (read the fine print very carefully) are another story in itself, some companies go out of business and your money is gone. I have heard that it is good to do business with someone like Good Sam Club when it comes to those types of products. My personal opinion is to buy a quality trailer and do the proper maintenance, take care of any issues during the first year of warranty (many components have additional years like the microwave, fridge, etc. ) and you should be fine. I have never bought any extended warranty of any kind and have never regretted it. Typically these warranties are big money makers for dealers that sell them. That's my free advice, take it for what it's worth!

Well Stated!

firemailwv

I don't think I will be getting it. That's the way I was leaning anyway. I did purchase it on our current 5th wheel and only had to replace a microwave and that was in the couple years and was covered under the manufacturer warranty. Thanks for the feedback.

noobee

If it is from the coach manufacturer then it is warranty otherwise it is a service contract. Many service contracts have numerous exceptions so be very careful.

CS

I would not purchase one until after the one year warranty expires. Purchased a three year good sam policy for piece of mind. It comes down to an individual decision in determing the repair risk.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Here's a link to a bunch of info/opinions on this subject;
//heartlandowners.org/forumdisplay.php/328-Extended-Warranty-Process

sgtbigb

I think the decision should be base on usage , if a full timer I would consider it, part timer less than 90 days per year use< NO!
What are your thoughts on purchasing the extended warranty? Did you or didn't you and why?

Jon