Slides and Front Jacks

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
We just brought our 2007 Grand Canyon home. In setting it up I noticed that when the slides went out or in the front jacks went down. This did not happen at the dealer during the PDI. I would take it back to the dealer but they are eight hours away. Any suggestions?:confused: Could this problem be repaired at the Heartland Rally in May?

Thanks,
Bob Seaman

jbeletti

Bob,

While you wait for ideas from others on this and while it's only 2:30 in Indiana, please call Lippert at 1-866-LCI-SVC1 (1-866- 524-7821).

Jim

Scott

Definitely have Lippert walk you through it, but most often this occurence would be traced back to the valves on the hydraulic pump being turn incorrectly. I have seen this fixed as simply as making sure all the valves were turned the right way.
ST

Flatop

Interested Member
same issue

We had this same issue come up on the 2007 Grand Canyon. Left the dealership traveling home, next stop we setup and unhooked the truck. While lowering the front jacks the slides started coming out, bedroom first. We stopped and backed up the process and tried it again, same results. Before we left the dealership we had a hydraulic line replaced found a large airbubble in the side of it. Anyway we had to isolate the control values to get the jacks to go up and down with out the slides going in and out. We got the coach home and setup and the same thing happened again. We have not moved the coach since then, but had planned on bringing up the issue when we got to the rally. If we need to do something before that time please let us know.

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

SEamo
Call Lipperet as Scott suggested. There are screw type valves that are in the wrong position or out of adjustment. It should be an easy fix that they can walk you through.