120 volt outlet by steps in 3250TS

Bob Vaughn

I finally got the night lights put in the outlets in our new 3250TS Big Country. I just went out and checked how well they light up the inside...There is a real dark spot at the steps coming down out of the bed room. Another brand we looked at had night lights that shinned on the inside steps for those night time trips to the refrigerator. I would like to add an outlet on that inside wall next to the steps so I can put those flush night lights to light up those steps.....How hard of a task will this be???:)

2010augusta

I would start by removing the two drawers and the heat vent and look way back there to see if there is any wiring you can tap into to add the outlet to that area. I know we had 12V wiring through the steps, so a 12V light might by an easier fix.

Take care

Bob Vaughn

I solved the night light issue on the steps....I was in camping world and they had a pair of "Night Owl" motion controlled night lights that are led and battery powered....They were not cheep 40 dollars for the pair but I do not have to cut into the wall. They also have battery savers which do not allow them to work when it is light. Plus they automatically shut off 5 seconds after the motion quits......I taped them up with painters tape till I see how much I have to move them to get the right light on the steps....