Automobile lovers!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
When I was a teenager my parents bought a 1955 Mercury. It had a lot of problems so my Mom fussed at them and they traded for a new 56 Mercury 4 door. red on top, white in the middle and red on the bottom. I don't know if it was the Monclair or Monterey. We didn't have a lot of money so it was which ever was the least expensive. Loved that car. I use to drive it from Midwest Wyo to my Uncle's outside of Shawnee OK every year when school was out. That is where I really loved to drive. Mercury photos .

A long way back.

BC

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
My Dad was a Ford dealer and had many Ford plastic models from back in the late 50's til the early 70's. Sadly they got lost in one of his moves and he's gone now, but I wish I had them back.

ChopperBill

Looked at my first car I got in "62". "50" Olds 98 4 door. It had a hopped up V-8 and drag pipes on the side. I saved up and had it painted Burgundy. Thinks its the first time I got to see a likes of it since those days.

skyguy

That's a great link!

My parents had a new 56 Thunderbird. It only took a couple of years, and the front seat would no longer fit the four of us. They traded up to a Chrysler Imperial;). From sport to boat! Story was Dad got more for the Tbird on the trade than what he originally paid for it. (Wish I had that Tbird now)

Al

jbeletti

Finally looked at this thread. Wondered what it could be. Very cool Bill - thanks for sharing. I got to see the brochure for my '66 Pontiac GTO. Lots of fun with that car.

Jim

SilverRhino

Thanks for sharing!

My brother is waiting for his 57 OLds that he found at the BJ Auction in Arizona. Sent it to him......Brochure to go with his "new" car.

Attachments

• B J Auction.jpg
    B J Auction.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 57 Olds.jpg
    57 Olds.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: