RSS feed

bsnider

BS & Ruth Ann
I noticed the RSS feed icon light up when I am on the forum, however, I get the following error message when I try to access it;

Internet Explorer does not support feeds with DTDs
What is going on?:confused:

jbeletti

bsnider,

Don't know - never used them. I look into it. Please tell me how you use them so I can better grasp this.

Thanks,

Jim

jbeletti

Link for RSS Data Feed

Thanks for the challenge bsnider. Use this link in your browser to get the prompt to subscribe to the data feed. For some reason, the forum's RSS feed link is off. Needed to add a 2 to the end of it.

Give it a try and let us know if it works for you.

Here's a text representation of the link: <//heartlandowners.org/external.php?type=RSS2>

Jim

jbeletti

Note that only New Threads will appear in RSS data feeds, not new replies to existing threads.

Also, only New Threads in forums that are accessible to Guests will be included in the RSS feed. The reason for this is that an RSS Data feed is not a real user and has no user account on the forum. By its very nature, it is a guest that can pull data only accessible to Guests.

As the forum is setup now, not much is accessible to non-forum members (Guests).

Not what you wanted to hear but at least you'll understand why you won't get a lot of data via the feed.

All that said, it's what I learned tonight from reading on the vBulletin support forum - not from my own experience. So we'll see if they are right :)

Jim