Virgin Mobile 2.5GB Cap (New Terms)

Duramax1

I have Virgin Broadband to Go.

I received an email on january 13th from Virgin, which says that my unlimited plan will not be throttled down until I have used 5 GB in a month and the price remains unchanged at $40/month.

jonesj2

Duramax1, I have the MIFI and the $40.00 Unlimited VM plan as you and I received the same email. This is beginning to get crazy. Bait and Switch for sure.

Last edited:

vangoes

This is certainly looking like a "Bait and Switch". Two reductions in plan since I purchased the modem the end of November.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I wanted Virgin, but their coverage isn't very good in the southwest. I'm still using free local wifi for now. Starbucks, libraries etc. I would like to get a permanent plan, but there seems to be a downside to each one of them.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Tandt look at Verizon they have a MiFi with 5gb of usage for $50.00 a month. The MiFi will support 5 computers at the same time. Good service.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
If you don't like what Virgin did....just wait until you see what they do with the 3G/4G crowd. They get you into a service, get you to use it...and then they lower the boom. Just wait and see.

Wharton

I heard Millicom(sp?) has a plan also. I like Virgin Mobile but recently they have gone away from their roots and their pricing is not as good as it has been in the past. I onlu rv 4-5 months out of the year and I like the ability to turn the plan "off" when I am not rving, turn it on when ready to go. I'll need to see what random plan is available next time out. May need to switch to another provider.

Wharton

I just looked at my Virgin account and it appears I am grandfathered with the $40/month account. We'll see how long that holds true but in the past with phones I have been grandfathered to plans they don't offer anymore with no problem.

vangoes

I just looked at my Virgin account and it appears I am grandfathered with the $40/month account. We'll see how long that holds true but in the past with phones I have been grandfathered to plans they don't offer anymore with no problem.

Wharton
Be careful and never use the 10 day plan!! I messed up and just did the 10 plan because I only needed the service this time for a week. I did not notice that deep in the "read more" on their site that it says using a different plan will void your eligibility for the $40 dollar plan. Slick,huh!

Last edited:

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I am using the Verizon aircard plan of 5gb per month for $60 and planned to switch over to the 10gb mifi plan for $80, especially since I heard that they offer a 10% discount to government employees. I was told in one store that I qualified for this discount as a retired govt. employee but they later recanted their story and said you must be a current employee for the discount.

Wharton

I felt that was made clear on the web page but I have also experienced this with our phones. I started to change for a trip and she told me I couldn't go back. You just need to continually be careful where you put your feet, you may step in something you don't want to.

Thaks

3Gstore

I did find out that those of you that are on 5GB plans with Virgin at $40/mo will be able to continue using that option. However, if you make any changes, stop service or change to another plan you'll come back to the new rate plans.

I think you'll find this happen with any of these service providers. When they're low on the radar they can get away with "Unlimited", but when their service became more popular they couldn't offer it anymore. The same thing happened with Verizon and Sprint when 3G cards moved from business only to personal use.