"RV" Shows ??

ky-newbie

Hi,

I've been to 3-4 Kentucky events in the last year, titled "RV Show", "Boat and RV Show", etc. I've been really disappointed in all of them. Maybe it's just Kentucky. :confused:

For example: I just went to the Lexington "Boat and RV Show" in Rupp Arena. There were probably 100 boats and maybe 15 RV's. Take out the $100,000 Class A's, and there went a third of the RV's.

I attended an "RV Show" in Louisville (at the Fairgrounds) last fall, advertised to have "1,000+ RV's!!!!" They actually had maybe 150 RV's, and at least 100 were Class A's. I asked multiple Fairground staff where the rest of the RV's were, and no one had a clue. When I asked at an Information Booth - wait - there were no Information Booths. I sent nice :rolleyes: emails to the show sponsors/Fairgrounds management, and got no reply.

Are the shows better in other states? Maybe in much larger cities? Do you actually get to compare more than one model from each manufacturer?

Thanks!

kkamshop

We live halfway between Louisville and Indianapolis, so we attend rv shows in both cities. The Louisville Boat and Rv show (in Feb) is by far better than any of the Indy shows.

Lots of people say the biggest show is Hershey PA

YaShouldaGotaDiesel

If your looking to compare Rv's just go around all of your local (300miles) dealers. It will cost you about the same as all the rv shows that will come about through out the year. And you get to meet all the dealers that you may or may not purchase from. You'll see all types of floorplans from most manufactures. The ones that hide the construction of their Rv's are the ones to be leery of. And those that Show & Tell about the construction (HeartLand) are the ones to consider in your quest.