One side of landing gear won't retract

herefishy

I went out to move the trailer and after I backed into hitch and retracted the landing gear the trailer moved some and somehow inhibited the right landing gear from getting off the ground. I repeated the process and got the same result. I just had some rocks between the tires because our Roto-Choks have a part on order for a wider gap between the tires than our other trailer. Any ideas?

Bob

57chevyconvt

Sounds like the trailer has shifted (rotated) and causing a significant bind on the right landing gear. Suggest jacking up the front of the rig with another type of jack to remove the tension on the right landing gear before trying to retract the gear leg.

SmokeyBare

Open the front compartment and check on the square shaft that goes between the two landing gears. Often times the bolt that attachés the square shaft to the landing gear can work the nut loose and fall out of the shaft. If that happens the only landing gear that will rise is the one where the motor is attached.

Good Luck

Marv

herefishy

Sounds like the trailer has shifted (rotated) and causing a significant bind on the right landing gear. Suggest jacking up the front of the rig with another type of jack to remove the tension on the right landing gear before trying to retract the gear leg.

It was bound; the wheels had slid back about 3-4 inches when I dropped the landing gear. I didn't have access to my hydrallic jack so I backed onto a 2X4 under each rear wheel. With the front end of the trailer a little higher when I lower the landing gear it broke the bind and now works. Thanks