Ice Maker in the 3455RL

Hello all! My husband and I just purchased our first 5th Wheel. We travel for work so we thought this was the best option for us. Anyways, I have read all the booklets and I still can't figure out how to get the ice maker in the fridge to work. The arm is down and we are hooked to electricity. I didn't know if I was a dummie or what. I am also hopping that the water line to it isnt somewhere leaking water..haha Any suggestions?

jimtoo

Hi kansasrtamy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

We have had several new owners ask about the ice maker not working and usually they find that the water is not turned on. You will need to look behind the fridge or trace the small line to where it ties into the water, probably behind the UDC.

I'm some others will jump in also, maybe someone the has the same model as yours.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

ssjt2000

I just ran across this where the water line behind the fridge has " heat tape " on it , and it melted the water line. Had to pull the fridge out to see it. Have someone check on that.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
If it is a side by side refrigerator the ice maker might have a separate 110 Volt plug that did not get plugged in at the factory or the dealer. Go outside and open the refrigerator lower vent to check on this possible problem.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
1. Trace the water line from the back of the fridge (or/and under the fridge) to where it hooks to the water inlet from the park water or your incoming water connection. There is a valve heartland hides where you have to really look for it, find it and turn it on if you have never had ice before.
2. If you do get this valve back on, and no ice, be sure the wire arm is down inside the ice maker.
3. Still no ice, check to see if it is plugged into the electrical receptacle on the back of the fridge, on the outside of the unit. Should be 2 plug ins there.
4. Still no ice. There is a small fuse, auto type, atc or ato, in the back of the unit, change it.
5. Still no ice, go to circle k, ice the beer down and bring to your dealer while you drink your cold beer.
6. Post on here what the solution was.

sdagro

GOSH Kenny, you are soooo smart. Why didn't I think of that. The 1st 4 steps didn't work on mine either. Mine makes about 8-10 1/2 cubes per trip until DW says "that's enough of that. I can utilize that ice bin more efficiently".--------Like for frozen libation ingredients!!!

1. Trace the water line from the back of the fridge (or/and under the fridge) to where it hooks to the water inlet from the park water or your incoming water connection. There is a valve heartland hides where you have to really look for it, find it and turn it on if you have never had ice before.
2. If you do get this valve back on, and no ice, be sure the wire arm is down inside the ice maker.
3. Still no ice, check to see if it is plugged into the electrical receptacle on the back of the fridge, on the outside of the unit. Should be 2 plug ins there.
4. Still no ice. There is a small fuse, auto type, atc or ato, in the back of the unit, change it.
5. Still no ice, go to circle k, ice the beer down and bring to your dealer while you drink your cold beer.
6. Post on here what the solution was.

sparkie55

I had the same proleam , They had to replace the ice maker . But sad to say we cannt use it because of the bad taste of the cubes .

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
get an inline ice maker water filter and install it yourself on the back of the fridge. should cost under 25.00.

Brux17

Does anyone know where the water valve is in a 2011 Bighorn 3070? I looked but without results. Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you,
Brux

gtrnholm

I hope you have this fixed by now. On my 3650 there were two problems, the ice maker was not plugged in behind the fridge nor the water turned on. The water valve was found behind where the water is connected to the trailer. It is a very small line tapped off the main.