Anyone replaced the 12v light above dinette with 120v fixture?

Pizzaguy

Has anybody replaced the 12v fixture above dinette with a 120v light? I am thinking of doing this but not sure how wiring is run in the slide walls.We have a 2011 BH 3610RE.The 12v is just not enough light there and our previous SOB had the 120v light there.If anyone has experience with running wire in the slideouts please post.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't rewire it, but I did change out the frosted globe with a clear crystal type and added brighter bulbs.
That gave us a whole lot more light.

Peace
Dave

Bobby A

I didn't rewire it, but I did change out the frosted globe with a clear crystal type and added brighter bulbs.
That gave us a whole lot more light.

Peace
Dave

Ditto, me too Dave, maybe it was you that gave me the idea, can't remember that far back !!

hillsonwheels

Where did you you two find your "clear" globes? And, what "bubs" did you use to up the light output?

Same alike, but different, I've seen clear center slider panels in screen doors at rallies. So far I've had no luck in locating a source for one to fit a 28" door. Can any one help?

Dick

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Dick, I got my globe at Lowes, Home Depot also sells them. Measure your globe size before you go shopping.
The fixture came with 912 bullbs and I changed to 921.

Peace
Dave

JJnLilly

I like the idea of replacing the globe and bigger bulbs. The dark atmosphere might be great for the right occasion, but for general dinning we prefer a bit more light. Heading to a big box store today for material to cover the steps so will look for the 921 bulbs to start with.

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Dick and Reta;
I installed LED lights in fixture and it gave me more light and less heat/energy. See you in Cherokee.

ultrafarmer

I too had little light so I put in two more lights, one on each side of the original. I got some 12v from the one that was there and now have all sorts of light.

Geonkat

We didn't like the overhead light, so I improvised with a pendant 120V light from Lowe's. Uses a 13W (60W equivalant) globe shaped CFL. Puts a nice light on the table without too much heat. With the plug, it is easily removed for travel. When I find a brown switch and plug, I think it will look better.

George

Bighorn 9-10-11 010.jpgBighorn 9-10-11 009.jpgBighorn 9-10-11 014.jpg