Travel to Mexico

Mr.D

I've had questions regarding traveling down to Kino Bay Mexico. If anyone is interested??. We come down everyear for 6 weeks and really enjoy it. The weatrher is quite good between Feb..............April. Kino is a small mexican town on the Sea of Cortez.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
I would love to go to Mexico. We have spent quite a bit of time in Puerto Vallarta, but traveling with the trailer is on my "to do" list. Still working this year, but maybe next?

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Deb, You and Ray go scout things out and then we'll start working on Mark to get him to go the summer he retires! We can be sneaky..... LOL
Kristy

tmcran

Texas authorities are advising not to travel to Mexico. A friend was at Big Bend. He reported gun fire all night and they left that area the next day. Not sure if is that way where you go.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Texas authorities are advising not to travel to Mexico. A friend was at Big Bend. He reported gun fire all night and they left that area the next day. Not sure if is that way where you go.

1. When a place is declared "off limits" for the entire US Army...I think I might be just read and heed. I used to live in Juarez (Ft Bliss)...and I would no more go there now than I could sprout wings and fly.

2. I know that people have been going to Mexico for years and years and never ever had a problem. I wish you only the best in your adventures. I wouldn't p** in anyone's cheerios about what they want to do (just to score Forum Points)...they are adult and responsible for their own safety and security.

3. For ever person that feels it's too dangerous, there are just as many that go and never have any problem. I've been in the old USSR with nothing more than an English/Russian dictionary...drinking vodka with the truck drivers...only to find out that it was probably one of the most stupid things I ever did, in the most dangerous location, with the most dangerous people, on a road that was like a war zone,

4. Almost every day there is an article about some attack in a "city" in Mexico...and I'm talking Guadalajara (spelling sucks) size. My experience has taught me that the Baja Beaches ain't for this kid.

5. As for me, see item #1.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Before you go to Mexico please add me to your will.

I will echo Lefty. They are encouraging people not to go to Mexico for Spring Break.

FWIW
BC

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Mexico is a great big place and the different states are more like their own countries. And just like the USA, I wouldn't go to downtown Detroit after dark either.You have to use your brain and if there are issues, cancel the trip. Kino and places like La Paz are quite a bit away from Juarez and the trouble at the border towns.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have camped in San Felipe a dozen times and have traveled to the Mexican riviera many times. I won't do it until further notice, although I love Mexico and have never had any problems myself.
Living 100 miles from the border I hear all the horror stories everyday. I agree with slmayor that there are good places and bad places in Mexico just like anywhere else.
What corked it for me, was last Thanksgiving the Mexican government came out with a warning to So Cal.. If you travel to Mexico, "you are on your own, because we can not protect you".
That just doesn't give me the warm and fuzzy feeling I like on my vacations. Therefore, I won't be going with a 40' trailer that isn't exactly inconspicuous, until they clean up their act.
A spankin' new Bighorn moving through the Mexican country side, would be like Mel Gibson driving the gasoline tanker in Road Warrior.

Last edited: