Passport America Benefit discontinued for new members :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Dear "New"* Club Members,

Sadly, we were informed today that Passport America's program to give membership certificates to RV clubs has been discontinued.

This means that new Heartland Owners Club memberships will no longer include a Passport America membership certificate. We apologize for this change in benefits.

This change, should in no way, affect "current" Passport America members who gained membership through a certificate that was part of their Heartland Owners Club membership.

WHAT WE DO NOT KNOW:
If you have yet to redeem your Passport America certificate or if in the coming months, as a new member, you happen to receive a Passport America certificate in your club kit, as we have a few dozen kits already built up - WE DO NOT KNOW IF THESE WILL BE HONORED. When we find out, we will update this thread.

Thank you for understanding.

Jim Beletti
President, Heartland Owners Club

* Defined as members who joined on or after 18-Feb-2011

letourno

Quebec Chapter Leader-retired
I just called to activate my membership and it worked (It would not work online). Thanks for the heads-up!

jbeletti

Rob and Louise,

Thanks for the update. I expect PPA to tell me what I have issued and what I have left will be okay. Hope that's the answer anyway.

For everyone else - online activation will not work for the certs. Must call the number on the cert.

Jim

CCCI

Quite disappointed !!:(
Joined the forum back in January 2011 when we got a new 2011 BigHorn 3585RL.
Read about the Owners Club and benefits and thought I would join.
Joined the Owners Club 3 weeks ago (Jim replied with update Feb 20, 2011).
Got my members box last week, but NO PPA certificate.:confused:
Waited a few days in case it was being mailed separately.
Eventually find that PPA is no longer part of membership.:mad:
To remove this item takes a fair amount of the intrinsic value of the $70 dues away (currently a 12 month PPA is $44).
Is this a reasonable and acceptable scenario ???

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Quite disappointed !!:(
Joined the forum back in January 2011 when we got a new 2011 BigHorn 3585RL.
Read about the Owners Club and benefits and thought I would join.
Joined the Owners Club 3 weeks ago (Jim replied with update Feb 20, 2011).
Got my members box last week, but NO PPA certificate.:confused:
Waited a few days in case it was being mailed separately.
Eventually find that PPA is no longer part of membership.:mad:
To remove this item takes a fair amount of the intrinsic value of the $70 dues away (currently a 12 month PPA is $44).
Is this a reasonable and acceptable scenario ???

I see your point. However,the plaque you received is of moderate value. The hanger alone is $25 at Campingword, w/o a plaque.
Plus discounts you receive at rallys, as well as discounts from Heartland.

CCCI

OK, so the genuine plastic hanger and plaque have some value.
I looked to join to be able to access all aspects of the Owners Club including Heartland Factory help, peer-to-peer interaction & ideas, Passports America certificate and other items as we had read about.
Rallying is NOT something that interests us. We are travellers and maybe spending several days in Goshen, IN is not our 'cup-of-tea'. Also, the last time we attended a rally was when we owned a Jayco; the rally had many redeeming features, but deteriorated into a ******-fest against the factory much of the time.
The PPA membership was of significant value as our next trip is from the Rio Grande Valley, South Texas to Whitehorse, Yukon Territory.
Maybe what we are feeling is somewhat 'cheated' by not receiving that which we had originally been led to believe was part of the package.
If you went into McDonald's, ordered and paid for a Breakfast Sandwich, then received the package minus the egg, how would you feel ??

I see your point. However,the plaque you received is of moderate value. The hanger alone is $25 at Campingword, w/o a plaque.
Plus discounts you receive at rallys, as well as discounts from Heartland.

Last edited by a moderator:

ATLJOHN

Hi CCCI
Seem strange you would pay $70 to join Heartland Owners Club to get the PPA for $10.00 why not just join PPA for the $44.00.

Anyway welcome to our club if you did come to some rallies I am sure you will meet great people and also learn alot about Heartland productions.

Just my opinion.

John

Hogladyrider

We joined HOG in February and received the Passport Cert. after reading the above I decided to go ahead and call and see if the cert. we received was still applicable.

Since we are already Passport members, our code was for $15 off renewal, which $44 annually pays for itself, so this was just a BONUS if still honored. The code was honored and I was able to renew our Passport for $29, thank you HOG, every bit helps in this crazy economy!
Susan

GOTTOYS

In my opinion if we don't support the HOC by becoming members this greatest of all RV forums will probably go away. I have gotten much more value out of my membership than the misplaced and as yet unused $15.00 discount Passport certificate will ever give me. As for the rallys...the only one I went to, so far, was a great experience. I didn't hear any belly-aching about the brands we own, only positive. Maybe you should attend one and give it a try. JMHO...Don

shovelguy

In my opinion if we don't support the HOC by becoming members this greatest of all RV forums will probably go away. I have gotten much more value out of my membership than the misplaced and as yet unused $15.00 discount Passport certificate will ever give me. As for the rallys...the only one I went to, so far, was a great experience. I didn't hear any belly-aching about the brands we own, only positive. Maybe you should attend one and give it a try. JMHO...Don

What he said!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I had a PPA cert, I received with my BH purchase. I had not redeemed it, so after reading this I called PPA. Presto, gave them the info and they said it was good until 4-30-12. So if you have one, apparently they will honor it. Trace

jbeletti

Trace - thanks for posting that. I forgot to circle back here to say the same thing. Anyone with an unredeemed PPA certificate will be honored - just give them a call. I cannot say how long they will honor them, so don't wait long to do it. Note that you cannot redeem those certificates online, so skip trying that.

If anyone has a PPA certificate that they have no plans to redeem, please consider PMing Derek and Cindy (CCCI) and offer it to them. Your gesture and you covering the cost of the envelope and stamp I am sure will be appreciated.

Thanks all,

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.