VuQube use in 2011 3250

Our first outing with the new 3250. I'm happy to say we have no problems at all. Everything works well, no leaks, no issues.
However, I am trying to hook up my VuQube satallite unit and it won't allow any rotation/elevation signal to go out to the VuQube unit. I am hooking the coax into the RV's satallite jack for TV1 (not roof coil TV1). I've tried all possible combinations without any success. If I hook the VuQube coax directly into the Direct TV box it works just fine.
I don't think I should have to open a window and feed the coax in if the system is set up for satallite!!
Anyone out there that has encountered this particular problem?? Help.
Mike (Pappy)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: VuQube use in 2011 2011 3250

You might want to take a look at the connections in the basement. There were some prior posts about things not being exactly what they should be.

jdfishing

Sorry I can't help, but I wanted to let you know I too had a problem hooking up my portable sat. dish to the outside connection on my 2007 3055RL. Never did get it too work, so I ran a new coax from my propane compartment, where I mounted a connector plate, to the bedroom TV connections and all is fine now. Hope someone has an answer for you. They usually do.

jimtoo

I moved the thread to the proper area so you should get more helpful answers.

Jim M

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

Try turning on the signal boost button in the bdrm. I thought it was only for the over the air antenna, but my Directv won't work without it on either.

gratton

I too had issues with my 3450TS after purchase. The bedroom connection work but not the living room. It was a bad connection in the UDC.

DougS

Doug S

I had looked at the VuQube and I was told it was powered by the receiver. You may have to use a special cable run it. You might want to read the manual to see if a special cable is necessary. Just a thought.

Thanks to all.
The VuQube is nice when all is perfect like southern horizon, wind, etc. The dish itself is very small so the target signal can be very elusive to catch at times. Most I talk with say the best is an 18" Direct TV dish and tripod, assuming the wiring in the RV is actually ok. Well, I'm out some $$$ but I will put the VuQube in storage and go with the Direct dish. I'll let you know the outcome.
Again, thanks to you all.
Mike (Pappy)

Mr.D

Can't believe so many of us have these "wiring Problems" I have a 2010 Big Horn with a Weingard Auto Dish on the roof. Works great for the living room TV but I have done everything to route signal to bedroom and nothing works, Can't believe they didn't install some kind of "Switch"

jimtoo

Can't believe so many of us have these "wiring Problems" I have a 2010 Big Horn with a Weingard Auto Dish on the roof. Works great for the living room TV but I have done everything to route signal to bedroom and nothing works, Can't believe they didn't install some kind of "Switch"

Usually the wiring "problem" is due to a bad crimp or connector install. There are 2 wires run to the roof for a dish install. Does your auto dish support 2 tv's, and have a dual LNB or does it just support one? I think most of the automatics only support one receiver. One of the factory cables from to the dish install area goes to bedroom.. the other to the living room. You must supply the necessary switches or wiring if your dish only supports one tv. So usually it is not a "wiring problem" ,,, but an installer and operator problem. Check to see what you have and let us know.

Jim M

Thanks to all.
The VuQube is nice when all is perfect like southern horizon, wind, etc. The dish itself is very small so the target signal can be very elusive to catch at times. Most I talk with say the best is an 18" Direct TV dish and tripod, assuming the wiring in the RV is actually ok. Well, I'm out some $$$ but I will put the VuQube in storage and go with the Direct dish. I'll let you know the outcome.
Again, thanks to you all.
Mike (Pappy)

Can't say I have had any problems with the Vue Cube. I have been using it for 3 years and have yet to fail to get a signal. It is especially handy when I needd to elevate the dish due to blocking. I jist put it on top of the rig with no worry for the roof. Now that the new ones support HD I will be replacing the present unit as I can use one for the bedroom TV.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

Usually the wiring "problem" is due to a bad crimp or connector install. There are 2 wires run to the roof for a dish install. Does your auto dish support 2 tv's, and have a dual LNB or does it just support one? I think most of the automatics only support one receiver. One of the factory cables from to the dish install area goes to bedroom.. the other to the living room. You must supply the necessary switches or wiring if your dish only supports one tv. So usually it is not a "wiring problem" ,,, but an installer and operator problem. Check to see what you have and let us know.

Jim M

I have an automatic Directv Weingard slimline and it supports up to 4 receivers. Both my tv's are working off it and I can watch 2 different programs at one time.

mmomega

AnyTimer

I don't even plug a coax into my VuCube until it has a signal. Not sure why, just habit. I usually set it out first, hold the power button for 3 seconds and it searches for the signal. while it's doing that I continue hooking up the water, opening slides, open the awning and get the chairs out. I go check the VuCube handheld box, if it shows a green status light, all is good and I connect the coax and head inside to cool off with my buddy MillerLite.