looking for some convincing

bramstoke

we are exhausted after going to so many rv shows and looking at sooo many toy haulers. We were so excited when we came home from the last show and thought we had found the ultimate trailer. It is more than we wanted to spend but had many amenities we liked. The cyclone 4012.
We will be buying a F350 deisel to pull it.
After reading some of the other forums we became concerned with the posts about cracking in the bedroom and cupboards coming away from the ceiling also the axle ratings, most of these problems were on 05 models and just wondered if these issues had been addressed.
Is the F350 enough truck.
We would really like to be convinced that this is a good move to purchase this unit.

mufflerman

Don't be mislead by the model year, My first unit was a '07 and it was boughtback in Dec. '05
I'm probably not the best person to convince you to by a cyclone, but we'll see how it goes, I can say they do have nice floor plans,
Some of the complaints=
King bed broke in middle(had to rebuild frame and no I dont weigh 400 lbs.)
cabinets not attached to wall,
shower door backwards,
privacy curtian get caught in bedroom slide,
ladder for loft has no place to store, (raptor has it built on wall)
Heater system is terrible NO HEAT IN BEDROOM,
I bought a new 3795 in dec 05 and the factory bought it back because it cracked, the replacement has been the rv from ****, from missing roof vents to siphoning water tanks, from staples showing on rear filon to front cap not attached.
the list does go on and on,
Heartland tells everyone that most of the problems are the appliance's and parts supplied to them that fail - most of my issue's are error's on assembly.
Heartland people are usually easy to get a hold of, But after month's of warranty issues they lose that happy hello and you get that oh you again tone.
If these guys would scrap there suit and ties an get out and use there product they could resolve a lot of proplems before the public spends their hard earned $$.
I have looked at the new cyclones and a lot of things have been corrected (good for current buyers )
If you decide to buy a cyclone I would take Three or Four days looking it over, or if you order one I wouldn't commit to purchase until you inspect it.
Good luck

I also own an 07 Cyclone. I ordered it back in November of 05 and picked it up March of 06. It is titled as an 07 model year.

I did have some minor problems when picked up such as the shower door was backwards but that was corrected and the new trailers have also been corrected. I also had a leak in one of the garage windows which was corrected. The only other issues were normal PDI issues you have with any trailer. Have not had any of the major issues as above. Overall, we love the trailer.

As to the tow vehicle I would get the F350 Dually with the Tow Boss and you should be fine. Of course, if the wife would let me I would buy the F450.

Loco

Looking at the New Cyclone 4012

Bramstoke,
I have a 07 3795 Cyclone like Mufflerman I have had some troubles with it. But we do love the unit. Over all it is the biggest toyhauler out there. I have seen them all. The 4012 is a little longer and has the thrid slide. It is heavy also. I can say that Heartland has been very good to us about our rig. I did make all of the repairs to our rig myself. But Heartland came through and made good on the repairs. I also went to RV show one in the north Atlanta area a few weeks ago and looked at the new rigs.They have made some changes. I hope that my input about our rig and input from others on here and my pictures have help Heartland improve on the newer units. Would I buy another Cyclone? Yes maybe. I would like to see them put 16 inch wheels on the units. But over all it is the best looking rigs on the road. As for the layout we like the 3795 better than the 4012 because you have more room in the bed room area of the 3795 and a king bed. Also the 4012 is heavy and you better have a F-450 or better to pull the 4012. We have a 2006 F-350 4X4,4 door daully with tow package and we are maxing it out with our rig. The Total weight of our rig (This is truck,trailer,all the camping gear, 2 Harleys, 2 adults, 2 kids,1 dog,1 cat,clothing, food,2 ice chest full,28 gals of gas in the fill station tank,30 gals of fresh water,) was 24,420 lbs. Thats is pushing it!