Visiting Joshua Tree Nat'l Park

branson4020

Icantre Member
We're currently in Desert Hot Springs, CA at Caliente Springs Resort. We plan on pulling out in a couple of weeks and thought it would be nice to spend a few days in Joshua Tree. Can anyone recommend a campground? How about taking on water and dumping when we leave?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
We're currently in Desert Hot Springs, CA at Caliente Springs Resort. We plan on pulling out in a couple of weeks and thought it would be nice to spend a few days in Joshua Tree. Can anyone recommend a campground? How about taking on water and dumping when we leave?

Black Rock is the only one with sites large enough for your BH. Beautiful desert scenery. Campground is primitive, but it does have water and a dump station. Some sites are about 50' or more.

aatauses

We are curretnly volunteering in Joshua Tree National Park---currently the camphost at the Black Rock campground. If you want to camp in the "park"--Black Rock campground is the only one that you will fit in easily. Black Rock has no hook ups at the site, however water is available to fill your tanks and there is a dump station. During the week there is no problem with a site, however on week ends it does get full--you can call and reserve sites 1-877-444-6777 or on line www.recreation.gov. It is a great campground with hiking trails, and plenty of local wildlife---check a map as the campground is located on the far western boundry of the park---if you want to get to the center of the park it is about 25--35 miles. We would like to have you come here ---have not seen any BH since we got here in Jan. Feel free to sent us an email or give us a call and we would be glad to answer any questions. atauses@aol.com or 850-512-3774
If you want to stay in a private campground that is within 5 miles of the North entrance, Twenty Nine Palms campground, located in the town of twenty Nine Palms---Good Sam park--they have full hook ups.
Hope to hear from you
al

rnewk52

we are in Yucca Valley right now and plan to head out tomorrow. Our rig is to long to fit in any of the campgrounds inside the park so we spent the better part of a day looking at private RV parks outside Joshua Nat'l Park. There aren't too many to pick from, most are really small and trashy, in my opinion. We are staying at Yucca Valley RV Park. It is kind of small (24 spaces) but very clean and neat and the manager is very friendly and helps you get hooked up if you want his help. $30.00 per night plus tax The park is located about less than 15 miles from the west entrance to Joshua.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
we are in Yucca Valley right now and plan to head out tomorrow. Our rig is to long to fit in any of the campgrounds inside the park so we spent the better part of a day looking at private RV parks outside Joshua Nat'l Park. There aren't too many to pick from, most are really small and trashy, in my opinion. We are staying at Yucca Valley RV Park. It is kind of small (24 spaces) but very clean and neat and the manager is very friendly and helps you get hooked up if you want his help. $30.00 per night plus tax The park is located about less than 15 miles from the west entrance to Joshua.
I have measured the sites in Black Rock when I stayed there in my SOB. In the upper section of the campground many of the sites are at least 50', even though they show a max length of 35'. Try up around spaces 44,45,46 if I remember correctly. If memory serves, they are plenty long enough.

branson4020

Icantre Member

We are here. It's about an hour to the South (Cottonwood Springs) entrance and about the same to the West (Joshua Tree) entrance. It's not exactly trashy.

aatauses

Tandt is correct in the length of sites here in Black Rock---we have several that are 50 feet long and a few good ones if you do not mind backing rather than pull through. We had about 2 " of snow last Sat, but that is gone and today is 50 degrees. In my earlier thread i stated Black Rock is 25-35 to the center of the park, the Wast entrance is about 15 mi.
If you want to stay in a private park with hook ups---I would suggest to look at Twenty Nine Palms Resort---in Twenty Nine Palms---about 5 mi from the North entrance.
We will contiue to volunteer here in Black Rock until the end of Mar
al