Day/night/blackout shades

Bob Vaughn

Wonder why Heartland does not put day/black out shades in the bedroom? Mine only has day/night which when the sun gets up it shines right thru the shades and wakes me up 2 hours before I want to get up....I wonder if I could take them down and spray the back with something to limit the amount of light that comes thru???:eek:

Vtxkid

My wife complains about the same thing in the bedroom... she puts pillows over the window shades so she can have that extra 2 hours your talking about too. we don't mine the shades in the other parts of the RV but it would be nice to fix this problem in the bedroom.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Just cut a piece of the bubble foil insulation to fit. The shades keep it in place. It blocks light and insulates at the same time.

Bob Vaughn

I used the cheap windshield sunscreens cut to fit the windows on our last camper but it blocked all the light and in the day time I would like to be able to see out.....

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I used the cheap windshield sunscreens cut to fit the windows on our last camper but it blocked all the light and in the day time I would like to be able to see out.....
Room darkening window film and make some new window dressings out of some heavier fabric. Leave the existing shades as they are.

Room darkening window film and make some new window dressings out of some heavier fabric. Leave the existing shades as they are.

We purchased red curtains and heavy 100% light block blackout backings, rods and hardware from Lowes for the bedroom,
about $40..put the (she selected matching decorator colors so it looks great)..and if we want light during day we just tie
the curtains back in a "^" shape..looks like a little cottage bedroom now...(yep..left the original shades..just put the curtain
roads behind the valence and then reattached the valences over the curtain rods...got good rod mounting hardware with
a 3 screw pattern from Lowes.

Rich and Stefanie

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The thing is, if Heartland only made the room dark, it would be near impossible for those wanting a brighter/lighter room to accommodate that. It's easy to go from light to dark but not so easy to go the other way.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
This is exactly what we do. Cut the aluminum bubble insulation to fit the window then pull the day/night shade all the way down.

BC

ChangingPlaces

Hi Bob
We have a 2011 2950RK and decided to remove all the Heartland day/night blinds, venetians, rods and pelmets and replace them with curtains. The main cabin we hung some nuetral curtains thermal backed to match in with the pebble decor. The bedroom we went quite a bit elaborate with lined curtains and a fitted bedspread, all the same which looks good with the woodwork. We also cut out some rubber to fit in the roof vents covered with the same fabric to block the light there. We no longer have any poblems with light coming in keeping us awake, matter of fact we tend to sleep in now. We fitted roller blinds to the kitchen windows.
Cheers Paul & AmandaBedroom2.jpgLiving2.jpg