Daytona 500

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations to the young Knoxville native Trevor Bayne winning the Daytona 500 for the Wood Brothers. Who would imagine a 20 year old (birthday being just yesterday), starting in only his 2nd Sprint Cup race would win so impressively. Way to go Trevor!!!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Impressive run. Even more so because the "big" guys were willing to run with him all day long!

Nabo

Hey Gus - are ya'll coming to the spring Bristol race this year? We will be there but our camping buddies are in Texas working and only flying in for the race. If ya'll are coming with the LM, ya'll can probably camp on the level with us.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Probably not this year. Trips home to care for family have taken a HUGE toll on my leave time. However, next year looks better.

Nabo

Sorry to miss ya'll but understand the family thing.
Anywho - congrats to Trevor!!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Never really been into this Nascar thing. But since we have moved to Alabama we figured we should at least give it a try. We have purchased tickets to Talladega for April. Going to watch the Friday, Saturday and Sunday race. Going to be there with our new home. Is there going to be any other heartlanders there?

archbarb

What a great finish from a "young kid" in NASCAR. Even though I'm I a Roush-Fenway fan, when it got down to the last few laps, I was pulling for the #21 Woods Brothers Ford of Trevor Bayne's. Plus with Ford being in the first three finishing spots, it was a good day.

I found the race sorta boring with the "pusher & puller" racing, because of the restrictor plates. I enjoyed it so much more in the 70's and early 80's when they could run all out. I understand the reason for the plates, but its just a little to bunched up to me.

Archie

kkamshop

Talked to Tony (Stewart) last night at work - he said he would trade Saturday's win for a win on Sunday in a minute, now he has to wait another year for a shot at the big one.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Congrats Trevor and Woods Brothers.

I ain't a fan of restrictor plate racing but this was a lot better in 2 car packs than the normal 30 car freight trains where nobody ever seems to pass. The changes seems to have leveled the field a lot giving the little guy a good shot at taking on the megabucks teams.

Yep, I managed to actually stay awake for this race instead of the usual watch the start and the first 15 minutes and then wake back up and see the last few laps or the victory celebration.

Dave49

Congrats to Trevor also from here. He drove a magnificent race right from the get go. He earned that race, surely wasn't a give me. I'm with most on the pusher/puller type racing, didn't much care for it. But I do admit that I watched the race without a nap myself. So maybe it will grow on me. Its only for about 4 races that the restrictor plate comes into play so all is good with Nascar. Nascar needed that boost in a big way. Just hope it carries on. Now lets see what Trevor does at Phoneix, hopefully he does well. I like the kid and hes got a good knack for the media also. I think he's on his way to a lot better things.
Dave