Dish mounts

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Aristakat had ask me to take a couple of pictures of the roof mount stand I made for the DirecTv dish. 99% of the time we use the board mount. Sometimes we use the pvc pipe as a mount when we need to raise the dish higher for clearance.

dish mt 1.jpgdish mt 2.jpgdish mt 3.jpg

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Nice work, but I have Directv and don't understand how you mount the dish. I use a large tripod with a large pipe. It has been working good for me since I changed to the adjustable tripod on TV4RV Website. It also helped a lot when I broke down and bought the Bird Dog .

I always thought I would like a dish on top of the trailer but for the money and I would have to carry the portable dish if I got into an area like Tybee Island GA. I was able to pickup a signal at Tybee Island and everyone that went by my trailer asked me if I was really getting a signal.

Thanks for posting the pictures. That is an intresting mount..

BC

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Bob - I have a roof bracket mounted on the board, then just clap the pipe on the dish to the roof mount, the same way the installers do a house. Now I have 3 different ways to set up a dish - the tripod or one of the 2 roof mounts. I really don't like the tripod so much cuz we have had children in the campground run thru the site, tripping on the wires or hitting the dish. Now I don't have to worry about other campers who don't teach their children campsite manners.

caissiel

I have a 2" receiver at the rear of the trailer and a 2" receiver on the pin box. I build a frame that fits in both and depending on the trailer direction I can mount the dish in one of them facing south. If in the trees I can also install the dish on the ground.
I just leave the dish on the pin box mount when traveling. The dish never moves and no flies touches it.

Attachments

• Pin Satelite Holder.jpg
    Pin Satelite Holder.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Pin Satelite Holder side.jpg
    Pin Satelite Holder side.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 94

mmomega

AnyTimer
We have the automatic sat antenna mounted on the roof, no setup when you get to a new location just turn the TV on and wait a minute for the dish to find the satellite and your good 2 go. Only downside for me is that if you happen to have a couple trees in between you and the satellite in the sky, your screwed unless you brought a secondary tripod dish to place outside of tree coverage. Oh we have DirecTV.