Fresh Water Tank

srae

We have a 2011 3250 TS Big Country and are wondering how you drain the fresh water tank. Is there a way to drain it other than running the water pump? Also, how do you drain the water pump when winterizing?

Thanks,

srae

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Look under the trailer near the sewer connection. There should be a plastic tube sticking out of the underbelly cover with a valve on it, or possibly just a screw on cap. That is the tank drain. If it's not sticking out, it may still be tucked up under the belly cover and you'll have to go in after it. That is, unless, HL has stopped putting drains on the fresh water tanks, too.

View attachment 12068

srae

Thanks John. I do have one plastic tube sticking out of the underbelly, but wasn't sure this was for the fresh water tank. This will make things easier. Thanks again.

GOTTOYS

My 3250 even has a label on the bottom edge of the siding that says "water tank drain". Takes forever and a day to drain if you have any amount of water in it...Don

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Recommend NOT draining it while travelling down the hiway. Upsets the motorcyclists quite a bit!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Why would it be bad to drain the fresh water while running down the highway? I could see if it was black water but fresh water?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Why would it be bad to drain the fresh water while running down the highway? I could see if it was black water but fresh water?

Think four lane hiway. You're in one lane, motorcyclist is next to you. Water is draining from your tank and splashing all over the motorcyclist. (been there, done that - got arm angrily waved at me).