2010 cyclone got a new friend...

dougw

So our 1 year old got a new friend to hang with. We even color coordinated it. This is our new 2011 F350 lariat to pull the beast. No more worries about hitch weight.

P1000245.jpg

P1000247.jpg

P1000252.jpg

This thing is tall. I guess I should have ordered steps for it <G>.
//heartlandowners.org/images/misc/pencil.png

watchthebox

Congratulations! That's a great looking truck, and it looks good with your Cyclone. Did you get the factory hitch or hitch prep?

Geodude

Congrats, you should be very happy with the new Super Duty. Ours has been amazing so far.

How does the bed height on the F-350 look vs. the 5er?

dougw

I did not order the factory hitch since at the time it wasn't available on the short beds. I thought I read someplace that it si now available on the "job2' series but don't hold me to that. So I just had the local trailer hitch guy do our hitch.

There is still ~7 inch between the bed rails and the bottom of the trailer but it looks like the trailer might have a slight tilt with the front a bit higher. When I get a chance I'll take both the truck over to the hitch guy and see if he thinks it should be adjusted some.

Thanks for all the good wishes.
Doug

6.7powerstroke

Great new ride! Best HD truck by a long shot, pulls like a dream. The factory hitch was a Job 2 option but I didn't get it either. Enjoy the new ride!!

mickmey

We're picking up our 2011 F350 DRW on Friday to match the Cyclone we're buying any day now. I love how you color coordinated it! Sounds like the two are a match!

Wmnmy

Very nice truck and rig we got ours last year and have a f250 super duty with a 2812 cyclone love the set up

Wmnmy

Very nice truck and rig we got ours last year and have a f250 super duty with a 2812 cyclone love the set up
Ok after a year of pulling my rig (cyclone) I got rid of the 2010 v-10 and got the 2011 power stroke diesel f-250 loves this truck pulls with ease and I can pass a few gas stations too after reading your post on tv most have 350 dwd but I like the swd great for me comfortable too haven't had any major problems with the cyclone either just fan over stove but got it in b4 warranty expired

dougw

Congrats on the new truck. We still like our but it takes a bit to get used to some of its ways.

Wmnmy

Congrats on the new truck. We still like our but it takes a bit to get used to some of its ways.
Did u put air bags on it I have the lil cyclone don't need it yet but I probably will put Firestone 5000 .

dougw

I didn't put air bags on. I didn't put the on my 08 f250 either and all was good. I went with the 350 this time because after weighing the trailer I wanted some extra weight insurance as well as the hopes of better braking. My one big issue with the 3010 cyclone is it doesn't have the best braking characteristics to it. Some day it will get disk brakes.

Doug