2006 3500RL front end cap leaks

rch

For years I have tried to find the source of my front end cap leak. After a moderate rain, water drips from the bottom seal where the front end cap and bottom meet near the
pin box. Would love to hear from someone with similar problem.
I have recaulked lights, every area of the roof has been re-caulked. Problem persists.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi rch and welcome to the forum.
Does it drip at the seam right next to the pin box???

I have done the same thing you have, and spent hours with a water hose.
I just gave up and figured it was the optional outside running water.

hillsonwheels

Have same problem. But, doesn't show until elevate front end to hook up to TV. Have had three instances now with mucho water in underbelly. First was last year. Had a cracked grey water tank. It was replaced. Second (also last year) was bad joint for black water hook up. I was able to fix that. Most recent was this year. Put 'er in the hospital for a look see and result was no joy. Although tech did find a small crack on black water tank which he repaired. Have checked it all as have you guys and recaulked it all. There is a Navy acronymn that covers what's happening.....BTSOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It may be a good "nudder" source for water but there sure is a lot of bad smell associated with what I've found so far. Since my bride has asthma, it ain't a good thang!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
rch, check the fittings and valves for the washer hook-ups. Might be a slight leak there. The pex lines run under the bedroom drawers and there are lines going up the wall between the closet and the drawers. I'm not sure if there area 90 degree elbows at the bottom or if they just bend to go up the wall. If this area leaks, the water will run where you describe. Don't ask me how I know. ;-)