Bed room black out shades

Bob Vaughn

Why doesn't Heartland use black out shades in the bedrooms of their rv's? I do not like to wake up with the sun....:mad:

Jimmy

Great question, we use a black king size pillow case on each window beside the bed, this works good.

jbeletti

Bob,

Heartland does use blackout shades in the Landmark product. Your requirements not withstanding, there are differences in what we put into different Heartland brands. This seems to be one of those differences. That said, if your windows happen to be the same size as any of the new Landmark windows, you could "likely" order the shades through Heartland Parts. Another option may be to go through our supplier. I am not certain who that is but a call to the plant could nail that down if you were interested in making a retail purchase.

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We used GILA window tint in our bedroom windows and made our own room darkening drapes from some nice heavy material that nicely offsets the decor in our Bighorn. To help darken the room even more, I made a sliding panel over the shower skylight. Needless to say our bedroom is dark and after only a few hours of work.

I can certainly understand your wanting the bedroom dark and maybe it would be a cool idea if manufacturers offered a ""dark package" for the bedroom. Everyone is different and has different wants and needs. I suppose anything is possible but the more we want, the more we pay. Manufacturers have to draw a line somewhere. Who establishes that line?

I think it's fun to have little projects that personalize our Bighorn. Otherwise it would be just like every one else's.