Lost all the channels

traveler44

We lost all of our channels and when we do a channel search it just runs through them quickly. When you tune to a channell it just says weak signal and has all snow. We used to get some channels and some sub channels in between. It doesn't even try for the sub channels anymore-- like 6-1, 6-2, 6-3 etc. Do you think I lost the antennae connection or did I do something wrong with the remote controller? Help would be appreciated although I might not get to check the forum for a few days. Thanks Tom M.

danemayer

Check the little red button (TV Booster Switch) next to the coax connectors in the bedroom. It may have been pushed and is now set for cable instead of over the air TV.

traveler44

Yes! the booster switch is on and the remote is set to air. I think I will try running a coax straight from the antennae to the conection by the booster just to see if I damaged the cable by turning the antennae too much. At least I'm starting to get ideas of where to start, like checking all of the connections. etc. Tom M.

jbeletti

Tom - do you have more than one TV connected? If so, are both having the same issue?

I believe there is a coax splice inside the frame area near the entertainment slide. I have heard a couple people having trouble there with a loose or poorly crafted fitting.

If you do attempt the test you mentioned where you drop a new test line down from the antenna through a window and then to the TV, take the wall-plate off the wall and connect your test cable into the Antenna input jack on the back. Reason being is that you need to get DC power up to the antenna from that powered wall plate in order to power the pre-amp in the antenna head.

Jim

traveler44

Thanks for the advice Jim! The cables checked out fine so I called Samsung and found out that I was auto programing the channels in the wrong mode. Instead of using the air mode I was supposed to be using the auto mode. That worked one time and I picked up about a dozen channels but lost all but two again when I turned the tv on again this evening. I'll probably call them again tommorow. Thanks Tom M.

traveler44

For some reason I can auto progran in the morning and get a dozen channels but when I turn the tv back on in the evening all I can get is 56-1, 56-2, and 56-3. So something must be changing around here in the evening that causes loss of reception or something. Maybe it helps to have dew on the antenae. Tom M.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
For some reason I can auto progran in the morning and get a dozen channels but when I turn the tv back on in the evening all I can get is 56-1, 56-2, and 56-3. So something must be changing around here in the evening that causes loss of reception or something. Maybe it helps to have dew on the antenae. Tom M.
I've noticed a similar situation and think it has a lot to do with the atmosphere, clouds, humidity and maybe other things we're not aware of. I agree though that the ability to receive digital broadcasts vary without making a physical move. Maybe it's even an electronic interference of some sort.

traveler44

Thanks for the reply Ray! I'm thinking along those lines now. I'm going to try some things Monday. Maybe see if I can get all the channels in the morning and watch to see when I lose them later and why. Weather has been too nice here in Florida and so I've had to golf with my sister, fish with my son and run around all day with the dw. Getting behind on fixit time. Tom M.

traveler44

Do you know how to access the connection inside the slide out? Is it in the underbelly or under the slide? The tv is working good with a cable run from the bedroom right to the back of the tv. I was thinking before that it was a problem with the tv itself but it finds channels ok with a good signal from the antenna. Tom M.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Tom, I dont know about your 3370, but on this BH and the last on there were connections in the under belly under the slide. You need to drop the coroplast there and have a look.

Peace
Dave

caokgafamily

We camped for years before the change over to digital and this is what I have observed. In the old anlog days all the channels would come in even the weak ones but since the digital change it seems only the stronger channels come in? I have also noticed for us and some other friends that more channels get picked up when it's dark compared to daytime scans?

Steve

traveler44

Haven't had a chance to get on here since I got it fixed right. I found the cable connections just inside the underbelly and changed the double male connecters. I taped everything up with electrical tape and we have good tv again. Even better than running the cable directly through the inside, from the bedroom. Thanks for all of the help. Tom M.