plastic hozzle went down commode

herefishy

As I mentioned in another thread, we are checking our water systems now since the water was frozen during our PDI. Before turning on the water, I was putting the hose down the commode and while turning the nozzle to turn it on a part unscrewed instead and fell down into the tank. There is no water in the tank as it has not been used. If we remove the toilet would the bottom of the tank be reachable? Any ideas appreciated.

Bob

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
As I mentioned in another thread, we are checking our water systems now since the water was frozen during our PDI. Before turning on the water, I was putting the hose down the commode and while turning the nozzle to turn it on a part unscrewed instead and fell down into the tank. There is no water in the tank as it has not been used. If we remove the toilet would the bottom of the tank be reachable? Any ideas appreciated.

Bob
Yes, you can probably reach it with a flexible grabber of some type. On the other hand, make sure you know what you are doing if you pull it. Otherwise, you may create another problem.
If it is small enough, it may come out. Then again if it is too large, it may jam in the valve.
Just curious, you can get water into the tank through the toilet or the flush valve. Why did you have a hose in the toilet?

2010augusta

Nope, unless you have a 6 foot long arm. I would hook up the tank flush open the valve and let it get flushed out, hopefully it will float.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Could also open the tank valve, hold the toilet flush valve open, and dump buckets of water down the toilet. The sudden deluge may be what's needed to move the nozzle end out of the tank. Unless the stream from the tank sprayer hits it directly, it might not move if it doesn't float.

herefishy

Trace and Teri said: "Just curious, you can get water into the tank through the toilet or the flush valve. Why did you have a hose in the toilet?"

Someone mentioned it took 40 some full toilet bowls to fill the tank. I "thought" is would be "easier" to do the hose way.

Alan and John said to flush it out:
As far as flushing it out, if it sticks in the tank valve what do you do?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Trace and Teri said: "Just curious, you can get water into the tank through the toilet or the flush valve. Why did you have a hose in the toilet?"

Someone mentioned it took 40 some full toilet bowls to fill the tank. I "thought" is would be "easier" to do the hose way.

Alan and John said to flush it out:
As far as flushing it out, if it sticks in the tank valve what do you do?

I understand that it is lots of fun to take the valve apart...:eek:

hillsonwheels

Gus,

Not nice to treat a fellow owner to that kind of humor!!!!!!! Or threaten him with that kind of fun!!!!!!!

Dick

Northern Virginia
Like others have said, I would try to flush it with water. It may take a full tank, to the tippy top, and then pull the tank valve. If that doesn't work after a couple attempts, I would use a large shop vacuum (the kind with a 2" hose) and see if you can get it that way. I think if you remove the commode, you should have enough hose to reach most, if not all of the tank using just the hose without any attachments. It may take a while before you get lucky and suck it up.

Good luck, John

Attachments

• 009_17762_dry_woodshav.jpg
    009_17762_dry_woodshav.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 31

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
If it does not flush out why not just let it be? I would think that it would come out at some time.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Let me get this straight. It was a water hose with a "spray nozzle" on it. Correct?? Then I think the OP said just part of it fell into the tank. Correct?? Was it a plastic or brass nozzle?? If it was a plastic nozzle....just leave it alone. I have seen sewer trout bigger (not ours) than a water hose nozzle come out of the dump valve. If I were to guess.....I bet it takes more than 40 normal flushes to fill the black tank. Maybe we should run a contest to find out how many flushes it really does take.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Let me get this straight. It was a water hose with a "spray nozzle" on it. Correct?? Then I think the OP said just part of it fell into the tank. Correct?? Was it a plastic or brass nozzle?? If it was a plastic nozzle....just leave it alone. I have seen sewer trout bigger (not ours) than a water hose nozzle come out of the dump valve. If I were to guess.....I bet it takes more than 40 normal flushes to fill the black tank. Maybe we should run a contest to find out how many flushes it really does take.

Bob, you really need to find yourself a hobby other than watching other campers dump their nasty :eek::eek::eek:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
John, it was along time ago. Was helping Larry learn to drain his tanks. Really grossed me out. Looked like barracuda.

porthole

Retired

Bob

Most of the 5th wheels have the toilet on an upper level and are not a straight shot to the tank, so you may have a few elbows - 45's along the way to the tank.
You did not mention exactly what the part was or size. How about a picture of a similar item or what is left of the nozzle. Plastic or brass?

herefishy

I ran water in the black tank through the flush with the valve closed for about a minute, then opened it up. Whew, in about 20 seconds it plopped out. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Bob

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I ran water in the black tank through the flush with the valve closed for about a minute, then opened it up. Whew, in about 20 seconds it plopped out. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Bob

Job well done and kinda goes with your forum name.... LOL... " herefishy"....