Closing up slides

ok, So here is my dumb question. My wife and I just bought a used 2010 Augusta. The dealer said we have to remove the backs of the 2 living room chairs in order for them to fit with the slides in. Is this true? If not how do they set?

Last edited by a moderator:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Enolacamper, welcome to the forum. It sounds like your dealer may not be real familiar with the Landmark, so this is the place to be. Normally the living room chairs travel back to back, tight against the rear wall. There may be two straps near the side walls that go over the chairs and secure them.
Like I said, I am not a Landmark expert but that is the way my Bighorn travels. Your dealer may be right but I have never heard of that.
Or maybe the chairs are not OEM.

Peace
Dave

jnbhobe

I have never heard of removing the backs of factory chairs. As far as I know you should only have to turn them side ways in the back window and strap then down.

jbeletti

enolacamper,

If they are Heartland supplied chairs, they usually ship from the factory in the rear cap, back to back and up tight against the back wall. I also believe they are strapped down.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My 3670 is similar to an Augusta. The recliners go back to back, as mentioned, tight to the rear wall. They need to be back to back in order to clear the window side trim, otherwise they will stick out too far. On the floor there should be a ring near either corner. The straps hook to those and go around the inboard sides of the chairs. Before closing the slides, check the rear edges of the two slide facades to make sure they will clear the chairs. There's maybe two inches clearance between the trim and the chairs when the slides are fully in.

Once the slides are in, the only way to get back there is over the counter or the table top. Doable if you're fairly light, like me, not so if you're more "full figured."

lwmcguir

We set them back to back as well and don't tie them down. Seem to ride just fine. They are a bit heavy and you have to push them withing an inch of the window to clear the trim as noted above. You want them back to back to avoid the backs rubbing on the walls.