Mysterious operation of rear TV in 2010 32 BUDS

Our tv in the rear works great about 50% of the time..then exhibits
picture streak and eventual signal loss...then pic and no sound...
moving the short cable from the TV to the wall at times "repairs" the problem.

I have replaced the cable 3 x time, taken the connector apart (it was tight and
fine and incontact)..cleaned all the connectors and even tried a different
TV (exhibits the same symptoms)..therefore it seems to be in the trailer
wiring to the rear (as the front TV exhibits NONE of these symptoms..in fact
the picture never rripples or fades..it is perfect (i swapped tvs and same
symptoms appears and when the rear tv is put in the front it is fine...

so another stake in the ground for the trailer cable wiring?

anyone have a similar problem...

also-- I had to wire a new 8 gauge wire from the front fuses to the rear
slide out as the internal wire shorted...cables rubbing and partial shorting???

Any ideas would be appreciated!

thanks,

Rich and Stefanie

also = Mysterious operation of rear TV in 2010 32 BUDS

Also..touching the cable at the connector brings the signal back in...

any ideas?

TIA

Rich

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Rich, I assume you are using over the air signal from the antenna?? Did you check the cable from the antenna to the wall socket?? Sometimes they don't have a good crimp. On our coach I finally replaced all 4 coax's with store bought at Lowes. It was not that hard to do. Now no more problems. Let us know what you find. BTW, where in the world is Mi Wuk Vlg Calif...I know we have a strange state...but thats a new one on me. Bob

ahhh...I think I said the front tv worked ok...so it's not the antenna...It doesn't matter where the feed comes
from..same symptoms...I think you had a post regarding the splitter in the wall..soon as the little lady wakes up in
the AM I will open that plate and see if there is a splitter there...has to be somewhere...and you may have hit on
the solution...will see...

thanks for the reply...

PS-

Mi Wuk Village is located on Highway 108 east of Sonora, Ca 40 miles which is
east of SF about 180 miles...noth of YNP and south of SLT..

Rich, I assume you are using over the air signal from the antenna?? Did you check the cable from the antenna to the wall socket?? Sometimes they don't have a good crimp. On our coach I finally replaced all 4 coax's with store bought at Lowes. It was not that hard to do. Now no more problems. Let us know what you find. BTW, where in the world is Mi Wuk Vlg Calif...I know we have a strange state...but thats a new one on me. Bob

Ok...redux:

Opened the booster button box below the tv....and tightened the output cable...cured the problem...
but no understanding why the rear tv only was affected as there is only one cable coming out of the booster and
one going in..perhaps not sufficient signal strength to make it to the back tv 32 feet away?

Thanks for your comments...

Rich and Stefanie

ahhh...I think I said the front tv worked ok...so it's not the antenna...It doesn't matter where the feed comes
from..same symptoms...I think you had a post regarding the splitter in the wall..soon as the little lady wakes up in
the AM I will open that plate and see if there is a splitter there...has to be somewhere...and you may have hit on
the solution...will see...

thanks for the reply...

PS-

Mi Wuk Village is located on Highway 108 east of Sonora, Ca 40 miles which is
east of SF about 180 miles...noth of YNP and south of SLT..

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
There is a splitter...it may be in the wall or in the basement. You might look behind the outside connector for cable...could be there.