RV Museum May Close

Peteandsharon

Ouch!! We went there in early fall of 2009 while touring the Amish country in Indiana. It would be a huge shame if this went belly up. Some of the exhibits were priceless.

ihsolutions

I visited the museum about 15 months ago with a group of fellow mobile home investors. We had the resident historian (Al) give us a personal tour and history lesson. It was a great time. It would be a shame to see the museum close. One of the things I love about it is you can actually go INSIDE so many of the older RV's. Very cool, like going back in time!

There's a nice display area where brand new manufacturers models were on display. There were room for 6 or so, but only two in the room. We were told that they used to rent out the spots to RV manufacturers, but now they offer them for free, and no manufacturer wants to put their RV's on display. Why? Free publicity and letting the public see your product first-hand seems like a great opportunity for Heartland, or any manufacturer, to show their stuff. Odd that they don't do it.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I have to admit for as many times as I have been in the area I have yet to visit and now I might miss another chance. I really hope somehow things work out for them. I really think it is a worth while place to keep around.

jbeletti

...There were room for 6 or so, but only two in the room. We were told that they used to rent out the spots to RV manufacturers, but now they offer them for free, and no manufacturer wants to put their RV's on display. Why? Free publicity and letting the public see your product first-hand seems like a great opportunity for Heartland, or any manufacturer, to show their stuff. Odd that they don't do it.

Since you were there last, Heartland has had a unit in there. There was one spot open and Al gave us a short window of opportunity to get a unit over there. We did not hesitate :) Can't recall what we put in there but it had to fit the space, so we were limited.

I too hope that Thor and other Mfrs are able to continue or boost their support of this place. It's a really cool place for RVers to visit.

For those coming to the Goshen rally, Al will be at the rally as he presents his "100 years of RVing" presentation.

Jim

Buford445

I have drove by it Several times but was never able to stop and see it, But I would like to see it hope it doesn't close

Vtxkid

This June Rally will be our first trip to Goshen. I was really looking forward to going to this museum... Hope they work out their financial issues...