TS3 hitch on a 2010 F350 4x4 Dually

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Does anyone know about how high (spacers needed) for my new hitch. I am about to have it installed but I am kinda concerned about proper hight to fit my new Landmark Key Largo. Do I need to have the company that will do the install add any spacers to get the right hight? Michael

porthole

Retired
The TS3 will come with what they think is the right spacer height. For my truck, 2011 F-350 DRW the hitch came with 2" spacers.

2psnapod2

Duane, I know you just upgrade your truck but have you hooked up to your rig with the 2 in spacers? If so how does it level out?

porthole

Retired
I have only had it hitched once but did not move the trailer. Too much of a crown on the driveway to get that answer. Maybe in another month.

2psnapod2

Thanks for trying. The shop installed ours yesterday. Man that hitch is a beast. Now we are just waiting for the new rig. Michael

YaShouldaGotaDiesel

Thanks for trying. The shop installed ours yesterday. Man that hitch is a beast. Now we are just waiting for the new rig. Michael
Micheal, could you please take a picture of the Beast in your truck to illustrate what you mean. Assuming you mean it in a good way, huh ?

2psnapod2

Steve, I will definitely get some pics on here. I traveled 14 hours to my moms in Arkansas and was just beginning to start moving. LOL (if you know what I mean) I will get out there in a few and get some pics. And yes it is a good thing. I am really pleased with the work that Classy Chassis did on it. They are in Indiana but we had to drive right by them.

bluebirdsnfur

2psnapod, are you talking about Classy Chassis here in Valparaiso IN? We are like 10 minutes from them. We are probably going to get a new F250 HD 4WD and were trying to decide wether to let our Heartland dealer (Elkart) install the hitch or Classy Chassis. You are happy with the work they did? Do you mind if I ask what your total cost was?

The dealership uses Reese...is the TS3 better?

Thank you!

2psnapod2

DebnAl, yes that is where we had it done. We got a good price on the hitch since it was basically a demo model. We paid about $3400 with the install of hitch, rails, air compressor and a plug in the bed of the truck. We are very pleased with what they did for us. I would defiantly have them do the work again. I felt better having them do the work since they specialize in building trucks for pulling RVs. I would check the prices and maybe order it online and have them install it for you. Talk to Brian and I would bet he will take care of it all for you. We originally meet him at the Florida RV Show. Michael

bluebirdsnfur

Oh my! That does seem a bit high...but what do I know? All new to me. Are rails, air compressor, and plug neccessary parts? We were quoted about $1200 for a Reese hitch installed at the HL dealership. Was he leaving some some parts out?

Yes...a picture would sure be helpful =-)

and thank you Michael!

2psnapod2

Ok I finally got time to get the pictures of that "beast". Hope they help. Like I said earlier I am pleased with how it turns out. Next job will be a bed topper.

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    465.8 KB · Views: 38
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    432.6 KB · Views: 36
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    489.3 KB · Views: 36
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    488.5 KB · Views: 33
  • photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    459.3 KB · Views: 33
  • photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    410.6 KB · Views: 31

2psnapod2

Not really losing sleep but we are really getting anxious to put that new rig on that hitch. We have taken off work starting on the 14th. Hope its ready by then. If not, I dont know when we will be able to get down to Florida. We talked to Ron at HL and he is saying the week of the 15th. I am going to have to give them a call maybe next week Monday to see if it will still be good to go. But it is getting close and it is just about all I think about these days.

I told you it was a beast. I guess I was not thinking it was that big. but it works with all our plans as far as the tool and fuel tank and bed topper so I am real pleased. I cant wait to see how it pulls.

Michael